UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. September 15, 2019, 12:30:43 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Suggestions or comments? Post them on the Feedback board.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: mental state  (Read 3711 times)
wlflover

United States United States

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2009, 06:13:58 PM »

so when i have been playing recentlessly i ahve felt useless. at one place that i play i might get the firsbee twice for a two and half hour game. what is frustrating is that i am able to find an open space and no one is guarding me (it's inside so we don't play man on man) and the person with the frisbee will look at me and then loook away. they don't motion for a cut or anything. they end up throwing to soemone is blocked. i understand they trust the other person more to catch and throw it but the throw was riskier. i just feel useless becuase i am runnning around. even if i do get open no one will throw it to me if i drop it once. i then decide to work on D that night since i don't ge tthe frisbee. Overall i feel useless and feel really discouraged by the end of the night. i have been playing for 6 months and 50/50 catch and i'm getting better at throwing, but i am getting into a mental state where i feel like i cann't do anything now.
I want to get a lot better and that really drives me to pratice hard, but when i only get the frisbee once or twice i feel worthless. i feel like i should be able to handle it by now.how can i get out of the negative mental state and just enjoy the game?
WarriorUltimate

United States United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »

Ultimate is a team game which means you have to work together with others. Before the game go around and introduce yourself and give your name and ask theirs. If you can call for the disc with there name then they are more likely to throw you the disc. What you are saying is people are avoiding you which is sad but even i find myself doing it. What you should do is try to change others perception of you as a player. When your team is getting the pull, you should call for it and get it. If there is a turnover, be the first one to grab it and throw. Hustling on offense and defense shows heart. If your not getting these oppurtunities on O, then try to be a shut down defender and make some sick D's. Maybe if your team is on the breakaway after a turnover, run down for the huck and try to get a open long throw to you. Practice so when you do get a chance you are able to capitalize on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese