UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 21, 2020, 10:47:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Show me all! Wanna see all topics from all boards on one page? Check out the UltiTalk Sitemap.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 348724 times)
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2009, 03:02:08 AM »

I know this will vary as per each uni's sporting requirements, but the package I have to buy to play EUG's  for Mac is $400. Frankly, that's not worth it for me. As someone who is saving up for a mixed campaign (uni and club), another Melbourne Hat trip, World Clubs next year and all the non-essentials like textbooks and groceries, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Everyone I've spoken to about this from my uni (ie just Nathan Wong) finds it similarly ludicrous and most likely won't be going, especially given that there's another mixed frisbee tournament in Bathurst that will cost me one quarter what EUG's is asking, if that.

I know right. I was totally excited about the mixed season, too.

Yeah it's bullshit how much we're getting charged... but given I just paid my first installment and I'm back for the first time in 5 years I'm sorry Tiggsie you have to come... If you don't I'm going to bitch slap you all the way to Bathurst... and then I'll tell Hayley that you're not going to EUGs with her, and what she will do to you if you don't go will make a bitch slapping seem pleasant...

No sign of a point yet...
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2009, 10:09:03 AM »

Hey Tiger.... I may need a 2nd in charge..
Since I've had muffin work with me before and there is already a cupcake... I could call you Cookie (as in Gingernut) if you want to come and work for Bozz (meaning you only need to sort out accommodation and beer/food (notice which one came first!)
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2009, 11:44:18 PM »

I'm scheduling a meeting with those in charge of SUSF, including trying to get my hands on policies etc that simmo you can use to perhaps draft a letter.

Not going to give up just yet...

Just to check, AUGs is 2 divisions this year, and we can choose where to enter our team?

Thanks

Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2009, 07:07:44 PM »

You can choose. But as medalists last year, you'll be in div 1.

Brett-ems, you get a second suufa team in, i'll buy you a beer.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2009, 09:55:11 PM »

Woot QUT and UQ have pretty much ditched NUG's to my knowledge. UQ was thinking EUG's.

As for AUG from queensland you can expect GU (headed by cupcake), QUT (headed by Reece Stewart with an international flavour) and UQ (if they get girls, Full nats level guys though). SCU is trying to get a team together although it will be crap probably.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2009, 10:35:13 PM »

Just to check, AUGs is 2 divisions this year, and we can choose where to enter our team?
Strictly speaking, this is how it will work...

- Your uni applies to be in a division via your Uni Team Manager

- AUS comes to me with a list of who has registered in what division

- I'll review and provide a recommendation of who goes where. If I want to make a change to where a team applied to go, it will be after discussions with the team. Law of common sense will apply (eg: if UQ apply to be in Div2, I'll tell them to stop being knobs and put them in Div1). This also happens with seedings and draw format.

- AUS will then consider my recommendations and release the draw, complete with divisions and seedings. Last year we were fortunate enough to have AUS accept my recommended seedings and draw format, but not timeslots and field layout. They still have the final say in everything.

I'm keen to see a 16 team Div1 and 8-10 team Div2. At the moment, AUS want it the other way around. But if enough teams apply for Div1 and I can provide a draw structure for the large-Div1-small-Div2 setup that works, they'll probably accept it because it means less work for them.

I should note at this point there's going to be less games per team this year (8-9 for Div1, 7-8 for Div2) based on recommendations from last year's team manager's meeting, plus the fact we have more teams and same field space.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
ash_5
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2009, 12:10:53 AM »

just wondering if anyone is getting Five Ultimate gear for any of their teams this year??
matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2009, 12:14:23 AM »

just wondering if anyone is getting Five Ultimate gear for any of their teams this year??

Monash are thinking about it as the Monash Sport provided uniforms are hideous. Will depend on fundraising and overall team consensus

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2009, 04:00:13 AM »

BUUF went with Zone this year. They're pretty flexible with printing options and will adapt to whatever design you can come up with. Cheap, too.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:31:34 AM by simmo » Logged

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2009, 08:32:38 AM »

BUUF went with Zone this year. They're pretty flexible with printing options and will adapt to whatever design you can come up with. Cheap, too.

So are we.

Yo Jangles, QUT and UQ are most welcome at EUGs. Its the place to be this year. 12 teams in and the rego doesn't close for another week or so. It will be awesome. UQ were certainly plenty of fun last year.

If any of you southern teams wanna come play a real regional uni tournament, you should think about coming to EUGs too.
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »

USYD are given shorts for AUGs, and we are sticking with gregros for our shirts - keep an eye out for our new dark strip at AUGs! Actually it's pretty much the inverse of last years white strip, but cool nonetheless.

Never heard of Zone before, will have to check them out...

ash_5
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2009, 10:55:23 AM »

yeah, im pretty sure im gonna get Zone for MUD, cheap as..just that a few mates and I were interested in gettin some Five gear and i thought instead of gettin an order for us, if anyones doin one already, id just put our order in along with theirs, pay for some of the shipping and then get it shipped over to WA...

mmmmm might have to do some trading Brettski Tongue
matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2009, 06:55:55 PM »

http://www.frisbeeclothing.com

Base shirt price includes name and number printing. Only $1 USD for front logo printing. Prices are pretty much unbeatable. They also reduce shipping costs as they ship from Vietnam (where they are produced) instead of having to come from the US.

Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2009, 02:25:10 AM »

I'm putting in a 5 ultimate order for some shorts.  Not sure if I'd be keen to ship things to perth though... Tongue

So far I've got about 30 odd pairs of shorts on the order list, and they should work out to be less than $30 AUD including shipping
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2009, 07:47:36 AM »

They did the Melb hat stuff from last year... you'd have seen that around. And the Captain Mel shirts and a host of others you can see about the place

No sign of a point yet...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese