UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. February 21, 2020, 03:50:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Show me all! Wanna see all topics from all boards on one page? Check out the UltiTalk Sitemap.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 299817 times)
wetnose

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2009, 12:50:05 AM »

It also helped that with QUT shirts on them, a few people were too drunk to be able to read and simply yelled at us "Oh yeah, I used to smoke once, so I'll support QUIT!". We simply took their money and walked away.
rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2009, 03:29:33 AM »

At this stage it's looking unlikely that Adelaide Uni will be able to field a team at SUG due to lack of interest/availability. If this is to be the case it will be bitterly disappointing. Sad
Eels 88

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2009, 06:57:37 AM »

UWA will be cutting players this year, we expect to get in the region of 40 players coming to our try outs starting on monday... We have 60 regular players in a social league run on uni campus. 

Fundraising is key, not only does it give money to the team/competitors it makes the team bond as you are usually spending alot of time together organising stuff.  it works on so many lvls

Yeah we had a hell of a lot of hacks come down to the first trial. (Enough for 3/4 full teams) Some idiot named 'Kendall' thought he was the shit, however he will subsequently be cut.

Fundraising for us ranges from laying carpet (literally) through to prostituting our more attractive players. I hope to earn enough "frisbee credits" with Twig so that the club will pay for my flights. Look out AUG, UWA is coming.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »

Some idiot named 'Kendall'
Dude or chick? That name can go either way.

We've just settled our lineup for SUG. Not going to be nearly as strong as our AUG team - we're bringing a few rookies - but will still be making a decent chase at a medal.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2009, 08:52:13 PM »

Sydney are having final EUG selections this week i believe. It will be a vastly different team from AUG last year, with 12 players of 16 on last years team not backing up for EUG, but it will still be a fairly strong and competitive squad.

Dont know much about other Eastern teams apart from the fact UTS look like they will have a pretty good crack, having picked up some strong girls in Rachel Grindlay and Ant Melo and have retained the majority of their guys. Newcastle? UNSW? ANU? No Mac obviously.
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2009, 09:14:49 PM »

Actually, Mac will be there.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2009, 09:24:29 PM »

why the change? people decided to fork out (i'm not, so i can understand the reluctance)? or just got more interest from randoms?
kiely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2009, 12:45:55 AM »

At this stage it's looking unlikely that Adelaide Uni will be able to field a team at SUG due to lack of interest/availability. If this is to be the case it will be bitterly disappointing. Sad
how devo rodes
rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2009, 02:25:10 AM »

how devo rodes

Indeed. Should have a pretty strong AUG team though so at least that's something.
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2009, 02:49:51 AM »

Actually, Mac will be there.

I think Tiggsie may be refering to AUGs there... He's assured me that we shall have a team for AUGs... If not there will be "consequences and repercussions"

No sign of a point yet...
kiely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2009, 03:11:51 AM »

how devo rodes

Indeed. Should have a pretty strong AUG team though so at least that's something.

stronger than last year?
i hope we get to play you again and beat you again
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2009, 05:54:21 AM »

why the change? people decided to fork out (i'm not, so i can understand the reluctance)? or just got more interest from randoms?

Actually, I just meant that Hayley, Tanty, Nathan Wong and I are going to be at EUG's doing volunteer-type stuff. Maybe.

DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2009, 06:02:01 AM »

It will be a vastly different team from AUG last year, with 12 players of 16 on last years team not backing up for EUG, but it will still be a fairly strong and competitive squad.

Make that 13 of 16. Making things very interesting, for EUG and for AUG, when previous incumbents have to work to get back on the team. Damn, sounds like hard work.

I wonder how open the EUG feild will be. Last year top 4 was pretty set, but it was tight amongst them. It will probably be totaly different with all these different teams this year. Cool.

Newcastle as maybe starting favorite, (making the wild and possibly totally incorrect assumption that they have retained all theri top brass from last year). Sydney to be up the top, UTS dark horse to medal. UNSW/ANU unknown quantity. Are UQ coming?

I was talking EUG re Mac. I assumed you guys would get it together for AUG. yay for volunteering though.

I am assumign some seeding based on AUG last year...Sydney, Newcastle (as no Mac), and UTS would be top 3 seeds...i dont know where UNSW would slot in. Answers...Simmo? Are you gonna journey up again, or attend your own tournament instead?
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2009, 06:11:18 AM »

I know Ant Melo is contractually obliged to play with UTS for EUG's and AUG's, but will Rachel? I'm surprised that she even came back to mixed ultimate after playing for RuBi last year in Brisbane.

Dan is uncharacteristically silent about Newcastle this year. He's probably busy TDing.

UNSW are looking serious. Kenny is attached to coach, and their roster (if it ever gets any girls, although interestingly Fee Macrae and Nadine Constantinou were both eligible to play in 07-08) has been augmented with Fakulti's resident Evan and an entire div3 mixed team. People are celebrating in the streets.

Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2009, 07:13:52 AM »

Rachel Grindlay will be back, which I think is awesome, hopefully she'll take on a leadership role and guide UTS to victory.

And Maple, please stop tooting USYDs horn - I swear most of the heckling at last years final derived from expectations after posts in this damn forum...

Our EUGs team has been announced, and it contains alot of rookies, so Bathurst is anyones game which will be fun. Good to hear UNSW are on the 'road' again after last year, especially led by Evan 'Fire Up Boys' Darmainin (sp?) who, let's face it, is an inspiration to us all...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese