UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 26, 2020, 02:37:46 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Show me all! Wanna see all topics from all boards on one page? Check out the UltiTalk Sitemap.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 350257 times)
JMc
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2009, 07:16:51 AM »

UQ will not be at EUG.

UQ will be at AUG.

That is all.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2009, 07:30:35 AM »

I am assumign some seeding based on AUG last year...Sydney, Newcastle (as no Mac), and UTS would be top 3 seeds...i dont know where UNSW would slot in. Answers...Simmo? Are you gonna journey up again, or attend your own tournament instead?
Nah, busy being a player at SUGs. After last year's fucking joke of a mid-year tournament, the South are going back to AUS.

As far as I know EUG seedings will be based on last year's EUG results.

I swear most of the heckling at last years final derived from expectations after posts in this damn forum...
Heh heh heh

I haven't decided who my "predicted winners" will be this year.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2009, 09:07:57 AM »

I do remember being on the field and something in the form of "why don't you make a thread about it?" brought a small smirk to my apparently unfocused head.

Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2009, 12:36:24 AM »

Quite frankly I think UTS has to be the hot favourite...seeing as it's the only team attending according to AFDA Tongue

http://www.afda.com/rego/showdivision.php?divisionid=1107

What does the Sydney Uni team look like?
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2009, 03:52:20 AM »

We'll see what happens. One good thing is, i'm not sure everyone can see team lists until the actual tournament. Our line up may come as a bit of a shock. You register through AUS to my knowledge. I for one won't be releasing who is playing for the A side or the B side. We do have two teams. If chris-boy wants to come talk us up, thats his choice as captain. I'm just a lowly shumck, out there to play ultimate.

Maple, of course you can field a strong side when you have to cut people like Calan and Nat Chinn. Nobody is doubting what Usyd is bringing. We just wanna see you guys in pub more, and hear about less ice baths Wink Grin .

We better watch out for UTS with Rachel in the pack... She'll certainly give them plenty of backbone...

Eels 88

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2009, 03:53:58 AM »

Some idiot named 'Kendall'
Dude or chick? That name can go either way.

Very good question.... We are still tying to determine a conclusive answer to that query. We will keep you updated.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2009, 04:37:08 AM »

I'm just a lowly shumck, out there to play ultimate.
B TEAM

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2009, 06:04:43 AM »

Bozza put up a signup thing on AFDA so that people can get a rough idea of what the other teams look like, maybe get a bit of hype and speculation going to make the leadup to EUGs interesting. 

Where's the harm in posting your team?
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2009, 06:18:04 AM »

Its not my place Henry. It would be up to the selectors or coach or captain to go releasing it to the public. Besides, i don't want to hype anything up. You'll see who made what team at bathurst.

Speaking of speculation, rachel will probably give uts the elite spark they have been missing for the past couple of years. In newcastle we have chris-boy and ellie. FU has joel. UQ has jmc... Every top team has one or two "elite" players (in Usyd's case, a truck load of good players but no real "elite" players). UTS is on the cusp (with their 11th at last year's nats). I think rachel will forcibly push you guys into the top ten, if not the top 8.
rachelg

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2009, 06:26:09 AM »

So I guess my thoughts of turning up at EUGs and no one knowing who I was are not particularly realistic...
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2009, 06:42:22 AM »

no dice rach
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2009, 06:46:30 AM »

So I guess my thoughts of turning up at EUGs and no one knowing who I was are not particularly realistic...

You play for Wildcard. A dominating womens team that came 1st (or close to) at nats. You occasionally give us ultitalk chumps a thorough tongue lashing.

As maple says:

No dice.

Well, I shouldn't say that.

Maybe a snowball's chance in hell?  Grin
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2009, 07:05:13 AM »

I just don't see why a roster for a university competition would be so secretive...  Haven't see the roster for any other uni either though, so not singling you out or anything Dan.

Pretty sure UTS didn't come 11th last year, but thanks for the promotion up the ranks Tongue

USyd don't have any elite players?  Tin Tin doesn't count anymore!?  Other girls that played on the winning womens nationals side this year don't count either?  Rumour is that Crossie is eligible for AUGs too.

At this rate it looks like Rachel will be too busy signing autographs to actually get on the field lol.

P.S the team still thinks you're a mythical 8ft tall frisbee god that can possibly fly or at least levitate Tongue
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2009, 08:34:19 AM »

The reason I have posted the link up on AFDA and have asked teams to sign their players up is for a couple of reasons.
1 - Gives me an easy avenue to communicate with all captains/players about things such as sorting out lunches and gives people the opportunity to ask any questions to me (as people can email me from there)
2 - Can assist in the seeding of teams based on the people playing.
3 - Gives new ultimate players an identity within the frisbee community and gives them the chance see what happens.

The idea of keeping things secretive to me is pretty stupid. Ultimate is not played for sheep stations (at the moment) and there is no financial reward from playing at these games.

Talk to your selectors/coaches/captains/orange peelers/local bar maid and please register your team/players at http://www.afda.com/rego/showdivision.php?divisionid=1107

-bozza
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2009, 09:57:35 PM »

can we play for sheep stations? That sounds fun.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese