UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. May 27, 2020, 08:19:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 319509 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »

Yah, if NSW played up to their standard, we would have provided 7 of the top 10, but plenty of teams choked and the southern teams pounced. I just hope we don't make the same mistake twice.
What? Stop making excuses. South is much better than East right now.

Including some dude called cleatus which is apparently one half of an "unstoppable" thrower/reciever combination
Their girls however have apparently stayed the same, which could prove vital when it comes to a mixed tournament
Believe the hype. Cletus is a fucking demon. Ash Thornton is back, too. Most of their girls are better than you anyway.

Flinders' chances hang on joel pillar. If he plays well, they play well. Otherwise their depth is kinda lacking.
No depth? Do you know how many Flinders players played Nationals this year? ALL OF THEM.

It would be a real pity if Deakin don't show. They were the surprise of last year's augs and it would be a real shame if they didn't return to build on that strong showing. I would love to see a match between Deakin and the new improved UTS, it think it would be one hell of a competitive match.
My post may have been a bit misleading. They'll be there, even if they're playing savage. I know they've picked up a Geelong player who is quite handy, and they have a new girl or two playing league. It just depends if they can get their newbies to Nationals, otherwise I suspect they'll run out of legs on day four.

But then again that's exactly what I said about them last year.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Shaunie81

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2009, 10:58:34 PM »

Quote from: simmo
Quote from: Tenk283
It would be a real pity if Deakin don't show. They were the surprise of last year's augs and it would be a real shame if they didn't return to build on that strong showing. I would love to see a match between Deakin and the new improved UTS, it think it would be one hell of a competitive match.
My post may have been a bit misleading. They'll be there, even if they're playing savage. I know they've picked up a Geelong player who is quite handy, and they have a new girl or two playing league. It just depends if they can get their newbies to Nationals, otherwise I suspect they'll run out of legs on day four.

But then again that's exactly what I said about them last year.

SUG's: Lose 2 from last year, switch a rookie guy for another more experience rookie guy and gain a 2 guys and a girl.

AUG's: @Simmo: Your last post may of also been misleading. There's a good possibility we may not be there due to our student organisation being money hungry (last year's AUG's was meant to be $600 - a lot of whinging to them and AUS got it down to a respectable price). If we do play, we lose Gibbo and a girl, gain a girl, hopefully keep the guys we have and gain some more rookies during the trimester.
JMc
« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2009, 11:59:14 PM »

Including some dude called cleatus which is apparently one half of an "unstoppable" thrower/reciever combination
Believe the hype. Cletus is a fucking demon.

He'll have to handle at AUG though - Monash don't have any throwers.
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »

Quote from: maple
Geez Dan...sometimes i just dont get it. Its really interesting when you pyschoanalyse. So rarely are your posts connected with fact (or even informed opinion) i wonder sometimes whether you are pulling som elaborate hoax on us all.

As for those 3 players, none of them will be playing EUG and only Mike will be playing AUG. Tara graduated, Xav is a douche/is going on exchange, and Mike isnt at uni this semester. Sydney will have a fairly inexperienced line up compared to recent years, which will be a good challenge and a gauntlet thrown down to current team members and incumbents from last year not playing EUG's. I am sure they will try not to say "omg, we have lost our best players" and just go out and play th best ultimate that they can. But your words of advice are sage and helpful.

You are saying you would you rather me say you are fucked and couldn't win no matter what you did? For some people, the loss of alledgedly "awesome" players is not a bad thing, rather an opportunity for them to step up and press their claim about being a half decent ultimate player. If suufa are anything like i think they are, i think we may see a new breed of superstar at eugs to replace who was lost.

@Brettski: hell yeah its going to be fun. Speaking of cumbo though, doesn't maple attend that campus O_o?

Oh, Dan, please read what i say.

And no. I dont go to Cumbo. I am going to be on the Greek Islands during EUG, instead of freezing my tits off in Bathurst. Didnt seem like a bad choice really.

kiely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2009, 12:24:08 AM »

Flinders' chances hang on joel pillar. If he plays well, they play well. Otherwise their depth is kinda lacking.
No depth? Do you know how many Flinders players played Nationals this year? ALL OF THEM.

not all of us did
but most likely over half
we will be a force to be rekoned with i think
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2009, 02:36:34 AM »

Dan your ignorance is getting a bit beyond a joke...  Ju could walk onto pretty much any team she wanted to, let alone a uni team.  She wasn't ever planning on attending EUGs
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2009, 09:41:15 AM »

Well I'm glad someone finally said something.

Monash have Seb, don't they? He's not the best redhead handler at AUG's... but he's a close 5th.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Skippy

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2009, 10:12:43 AM »

Guys, if you're going to talk him up, at least get his name right. It's Cleeeeeetus.
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »

Mish, I'm impressed you know the correct spelling. Nice work!

...oh and Uni Ultimate, blah, blah..

Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2009, 03:23:07 AM »

not all of us did
but most likely over half
we will be a force to be rekoned with i think

Where did karma/the sa womens team come?

Regardless of how good Cleeeetus is, monash still have 5 other spots on the field to fill.

@Henry: New Souths loss... Everyone that is going to play them at EUGs' gain. Besides, if i knew the full story all the time, i wouldn't bother coming on here. I thought UltiTalk was the place to talk shit about ultimate...
JMc
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2009, 04:32:09 AM »

Where did karma/the sa womens team come?

Karma came 8th after a pretty strong start to the tourney. Their top line were pretty tired by the end of the tourney, and they lost Joel, which hurt them late. Top 7-8 players can mix it with the best.
Not sure about Indies...

Regardless of how good Cleeeetus is, monash still have 5 other spots on the field to fill.

Sorry Monash, looks like you're playing 6s for AUG. That's rough.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2009, 05:37:58 AM »

Josh Cukierman (Chilly A), Andy Moroney (HoS), Seb Barr (HoS/Barramundis), Michelle Rogers (Honey A), Ash Thornton (Honey A), Grace Gard (Honey B)

Then there's Mike Hui (played Worlds with Hong Kong), Chris Folkes, Dave Bradford, Sam Ludowyk, Carey Thornton...the list goes on.

matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2009, 06:22:10 AM »

Believe the hype. Cletus is a fucking demon.

He'll have to handle at AUG though - Monash don't have any throwers.

LOL I hope he doesn't read this. Don't go putting ideas into his head.

matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2009, 06:24:15 AM »

Josh Cukierman (Chilly A), Andy Moroney (HoS), Seb Barr (HoS/Barramundis), Michelle Rogers (Honey A), Ash Thornton (Honey A), Grace Gard (Honey B)

Then there's Mike Hui (played Worlds with Hong Kong), Chris Folkes, Dave Bradford, Sam Ludowyk, Carey Thornton...the list goes on.

On this...Mich Rogers is in Africa until the Monday of AUG...could be tight to get back in time/miss all the trainings etc.

Dave has opted to study in Malaysia with his girlfriend so won't be available.

In better news we've picked up 3 Canadians and possibly Steve Thomas

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2009, 08:38:21 AM »

Toey for Dave is a pretty fucking sweet trade if you ask me.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese