UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. May 27, 2020, 08:09:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 319445 times)
Chris L

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2009, 06:40:58 PM »

Hey Bozza, 2 Newcastle teams have registered and paid for EUGs in Bathurst.
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »

Sorry about that, I got an email from AUS saying that...
CSU (2 teams)
NCLE (2 teams)
UTS (1 team)

Sorry about any confusion!!
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 24, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »

I hear on the grapevine that the Gak is thinking about doing a masters at monash, although I'm not sure if its starting in the middle of this year or next year.

ANU will be stronger this year, with the likes of the amazing AJ, Lucy Stevenson, Ian Mck and Andrew Sutton taking the field. Should do much better than last year.

Also, rumours abound that the AUG's winning Erin Wallis and general all-round chump, Thomas Watson, will be starting masters programs at the ANU after World Clubs... Ahhh, the joys of public service funded higher education. I suppose we better convince Waz he needs a Masters as well.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2009, 02:49:50 AM »

Just like to throw in a blatant plug here...

If you're thinking of getting new uniforms, give Zone a shot. As well as being sweet shirts, they are dirt cheap and have bent over backwards to accommodate our tricky printing requests. Their customer service has been fantastic as well - I added a last minute change to our jersey order today and I got a reply about 90 minutes later as well as assistance in making the payment through Paypal. Turnaround time is just over a week.

Check it out - www.frisbeeclothing.com

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 25, 2009, 03:24:08 AM »

Which fabric are you ordering, Simmo?

They did the Melbourne Hat shirt, and I'm hoping for their sake that Zone's material has changed since. It's heavy, doesn't breathe, never dries and runs like stupid. I'd prefer to play in cotton.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2009, 04:04:20 AM »

Just the SuperflyI. Would like to have given SuperflyX a go but we already did a run of SuperflyI in February so kept it again for consistency's sake.

It's actually pretty good for the cold climate down here in Mexico. Not sure how it'll go on the Gold Coast though.

Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 26, 2009, 05:50:55 AM »

We are going with Zone for our uniforms. Look out for the navy and red! Only downside is, shirts are single coloured. Print can be done in a different colour though so it makes for simple and possibly elegant strips depending on how good your design is.

yeah we disbanded. no more SUUFA after half the excutive and membership was arrested post end of semster party....new bikie gang laws got us.

Grin Their isn't going to be any hiding at bathurst.  Grin

I hear on the grapevine that the Gak is thinking about doing a masters at monash, although I'm not sure if its starting in the middle of this year or next year.

ANU will be stronger this year, with the likes of the amazing AJ, Lucy Stevenson, Ian Mck and Andrew Sutton taking the field. Should do much better than last year.

Also, rumours abound that the AUG's winning Erin Wallis and general all-round chump, Thomas Watson, will be starting masters programs at the ANU after World Clubs... Ahhh, the joys of public service funded higher education. I suppose we better convince Waz he needs a Masters as well.

Where was Gak playing last year? I remember someone coming up with a crock and bull story about Gak playing with some AUGs team or other. I'll believe it when he is on the line, pulling for a monash game.

ANU seems to be cyclical. Weren't they one of the most feared unis three years ago? Regardless, they are some strong pick ups and don't they have Mika as well? We'll see what happens in bathurst... Potential darkhorses to medal.

If they manage to pick up Twats and erin, they may even be a potential to sneak into the top 8 at AUGs. From memory Erin was the one person who had a good enough game to be noticed around the Joel and Alec show. Which is to say: she played awesome and was vastly under recognized.

Sorry about that, I got an email from AUS saying that...
CSU (2 teams)
NCLE (2 teams)
UTS (1 team)

Sorry about any confusion!!

Funny how two of the smallest unis managed to get two teams while all the "big sydney unis" got one... Watch out for the CSU-Newcastle combined party assault. With Craigie leading the charge and Tall James shredding the dance floor its going to be all trouble and no class Grin .
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 30, 2009, 05:24:59 AM »

Anyway, bets on placings?

1st: Newcastle A
2nd: Usyd
3rd: UTS
4th: ANU
5th: CSU
6th: Newcastle B
7th: UNSW
8th: Cumbo

Uts for a medal!!! WooT!

We're Black
We're Teal
We're Pure Sex Appeal
We're U-T-S!!!

But seriously, looking at stuff on paper; With henry and linus heading things up with evan,that other big behemoth they have (i can't remember his name), plus a girl line that is rather athletic, they should beat CSU who have Mark and Craigie. They should also beat ANU that are an unknown quantity due to not playing last year and who is filling in the gaps around their pick ups. Word is UNSW isn't going to rate it this year but should still beat cumbo which are apparently really bad.

We will beat Usyd in the final though, because we are sick of losing to them.  Grin
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 30, 2009, 06:00:38 AM »

ANU should beat UTS if they keep their heads together.

1. NCLE A
2. USYD M
3. ANU
4. UTS
5. CSU
6. UNSW
7. USYD C
8. NCLE B

From the disembodied scores I have been receiving here on ultitalk, my mentat mind concludes that UTS, while promising, aren't gelling too well. I hope EUGs is the crucible that gets them into shape, I'd love to see them beat Sydney later on in the year.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Timma

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 30, 2009, 07:00:50 AM »

I was wearing the Superfly X gear at the camp (I was wearing the men's top from my old team: http://www.frisbeeclothing.com/component/aprilmart/detail/3-womens-jerseys/55-teamphn-originaljersey.html). I'm quite a fan of it and was pretty impressed with their customisation service.

I haven't noticed the material being heavy when wet but that may be due to always wearing skins. Also, I generally prefer a heavier top than an ultra-light material, mostly because I end up destroying thin materials when laying out Cheesy. The Pirates Heart Ninjas gear has successfully survived a lot of laying out + normal wear and tear which meets my benchmark for gear. Plus the white comes back in the wash (cough cough Gaia).

I'd go with them again for gear, but YMMV.

tim h | whatever is good to know is difficult to learn
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 30, 2009, 07:43:26 AM »

I think the 1v2 and the 3v4 games will be really epic.  Everyone seems to be underrating ANU a bit because they haven't played against them, but I think they'll definitely be a solid team come EUGs so long as they don't make AJ do all the work Tongue

Don't worry Tiger I'll be bringing my extra-firm hold gel to EUGs, so we'll be gelling like there's no tomorrow!
biskit

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 30, 2009, 08:08:15 AM »

ANU is weak for EUGs with a few girls out but AJ will smash it up with some good support from some very talented newbies. They could definately take a scalp or two. Littletoms extras are mainly in for AUGs.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 30, 2009, 08:37:18 AM »

1. Newwie
2. Sydney (how many finals is that now?)
3. UTS
4. ANU
5. Falcons
6. fUNSWitch
7. Newwie B
8. Cumbo

Southerns...

1. Monash
2. Melbourne
3. Flinders
4. Latrobe
5. Deakin
6. Other Flinders
7. Ballarat

rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 30, 2009, 08:40:23 AM »

Southerns...

1. Monash
2. Melbourne
3. Flinders
4. Latrobe
5. Deakin
6. Other Flinders
7. Ballarat

Is that just an excuse to cheer for the underdogs?
littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 30, 2009, 05:40:56 PM »

Quote from: simmo on Today at 08:37:18 AM
Southerns...

1. Monash
2. Melbourne
3. Flinders
4. Latrobe
5. Deakin
6. Other Flinders
7. Ballarat

Is that just an excuse to cheer for the underdogs?

What do you mean? The Gak is playing for Monash, they can't be underdogs...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese