UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. September 25, 2020, 08:00:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
What's New? Interested in seeing a list of all the topics you have yet to read? Click the Show unread posts links at the top of the forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 342243 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2009, 06:13:33 AM »

Flinders were at full strength at SUG but Monash (missing Cletus) and Melbourne (Freise and Tarrant) weren't. I reckon that the quarter finals are going to be South-dominated again this year.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
SammyO

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 16, 2009, 12:39:21 AM »

Flinders weren't quite at full strength there Simmo. Got a couple of guy pick ups to make (Robbie and maybe Alec) and we were pretty light on in our girls.
But yeah, I think the south is looking great to flood the quarters again.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 16, 2009, 05:04:27 AM »

Robbie's a chump. I stand by my words.

Lou357

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 21, 2009, 04:47:22 AM »

I was only doing as an educational tool, trying to show future recruits how to mark

Hahahhahaa. Your just lucky Looodles doesnt read this blog...

Yes i do.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 21, 2009, 09:07:44 AM »

OK, since everyone keeps asking...

I should have an answer on the squad size next week. The powers-that-be at AUS are reviewing sport rules next week. I submitted a formal proposal requesting the change outlining the reasons so it's now out of my hands.

It was really weird - I had to argue that it was completely necessary for player welfare, but also argue that not many teams would choose the extra 2 so it won't result in dozens more people they have to account for. But the overall argument was that "it brings AUG squads into line with other national events".

But Simmo, there aren't any number limits on Nationals and Mixed Nationals rosters!

I know that, but AUS like their events being regarded as important national-level competitions.

littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2009, 08:08:02 AM »

Yay for Simmo. I'm so glad there is a voice of reason in the whole unigames process now...I'm still recovering from the mental scars of 2007, I hope to one day take the unigames field again...
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 22, 2009, 09:33:02 PM »

5 days of ultimate can be pretty hard on uni teams.  Considering average squad size for nationals would be 16-18 and that's with 1 less day and less games per day (on average).  Not that you can compare AUGs to nationals in terms of intensity though...

Any idea what the situation with lunches is going to be this year? 

How goes the efforts of making a crazy ANU team out of postgrads twats?  Got Waz, Matt and Jonno to enrol at ANU yet? Tongue
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 22, 2009, 11:23:28 PM »

Bozza probably has a better idea of lunches that I do. Once a Competition Manager is appointed I have very little to do with the operational aspects of AUG.

By the way folks, Martin Laird Award nominations open on August 1st.

littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2009, 03:10:05 AM »

My efforts are for heaps in the future... I'm rather busy until 2011, so probably have to wait till then.
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2009, 08:07:37 AM »

Bozza probably has a better idea of lunches that I do. Once a Competition Manager is appointed I have very little to do with the operational aspects of AUG.

I was going to get to this...

How were lunches at AUG08? What were you offered? How was it? Suggestions?

P.S Simmo, I just saw you from the VB ad on the NRL Footy Show like a bajillion times!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:13:14 AM by thebozzman » Logged
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »

Re: Increased team size, on the EUG post-tournament survey, I tried to get everyone there to circle the box about team size and request an increase to 18 - however after talking with the Sydney Uni AUS liason he said that the rules were set in concrete for 2009 - is this true? If so hopefully it will change in the future, but as for '09, we are making our selections within about a fortnight, including final details to SUSF. Any idea what the timeline is for this?

Well done bringing this to them, just shows that no one at AUS really has any idea how Ultimate is played...

Lou357

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2009, 06:12:40 AM »

P.S Simmo, I just saw you from the VB ad on the NRL Footy Show like a bajillion times!!

I don't intend to offend anyone but lunches at AUG last year were pretty bad...we often ended up getting our own stuff anyway. I think nationals style lunches with rolls, ham, cheese, etc etc, chips, choc/lollies, fruit would be awesome...however i do understand that cost is an issue.
matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2009, 07:29:44 PM »

I don't intend to offend anyone but lunches at AUG last year were pretty bad...we often ended up getting our own stuff anyway. I think nationals style lunches with rolls, ham, cheese, etc etc, chips, choc/lollies, fruit would be awesome...however i do understand that cost is an issue.

Did you have to pay extra on top of the player fee paid to AUS?

thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2009, 01:55:51 AM »

Did you have to pay extra on top of the player fee paid to AUS?

Also what was the lunch for AUG's last year? (and was there a cost?)

I'm glad someone decided to respond to the post Smiley
Chris L

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2009, 02:37:32 AM »

The lunches were corporate style lunches - each player (well in the end there was massive problems with people missing out) got a little box with a sandwhich, piece of chocolate/cake, piece of fruit and a juice box. They were OK but not really enough for 3 games a day. We didn't pay anything extra on top of the player fee which is why the AUS guy thought we were a bunch of dicks when we kept complaining Smiley As far as I know we were the only sport to get them. So it was great that they budgeted them for us (because we are so cheap otherwise with no refs etc) but the implementation was not great. If you worked out a budget for frisbee style lunches for all the teams for the 5 days (and had volunteers willing to organise it) and took that to AUS then that might work. Good luck!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese