UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 01, 2014, 04:17:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Facebook Connect! UltiTalk is now connected to Facebook for added social networking features.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 123843 times)
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 10, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »

I thought everyone had gotten over the UTS hype after EUGs?  UTS is going to be a lot stronger than previous years, but we're definitely not in medal contention.  My aim for the tournament is to make the quarters, which going from the teams I'm hearing about, is going to be quite a tough ask.  Still, aim high right?

It's a shame more teams aren't that keen on signing their players up on the afda site.  Makes for slightly more guided speculation Tongue
Chris L

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2009, 12:27:10 AM »

I posted the Newcastle team up (minus a beginner and a seppo who don't have AFDA numbers yet). Our team is slightly weaker than it was at EUGs due mainly to Dave Jarrott's virility. We hope to improve on last years 8th place where we seeded well into the quarters and then lost our last 3 games.
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2009, 02:24:10 AM »

Hobbit couldn't be convinced to have one more run around at uni games?

A few other unis have posted their teams too. Flinders look like they're definitely losing Alec but other than that look pretty good. Monash minus OSh still looks respectable too. I hear that the Sydney uni team has been announced. Looks like they've dropped their "not selecting calan" policy for 2009
Chris L

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2009, 02:55:26 AM »

I thought we had Hobbit convinced, especially when they increased the squad size and he wouldn't have been kicking a new person off the team. Maybe he'll change his mind if we tell him Piers is still playing so he won't be the only player old enough to be other players dads...
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2009, 03:31:27 AM »

On paper, Monash are a medal winning team and Flinders aren't, although I guess they haven't listed their full team yet.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 11, 2009, 03:56:13 AM »

Haha I'm sure that'll convince him.  They can both sit at the bar at uni games and trade stories about "the good old days" and complain about what's wrong with the youth of today Tongue
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: August 11, 2009, 04:19:47 AM »

Simmo - Can you chuck up the link for AUG rego?
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: August 11, 2009, 04:21:32 AM »

Haha I'm sure that'll convince him.  They can both sit at the bar at uni games and trade stories about "the good old days" and complain about what's wrong with the youth of today Tongue
We had a moment like that at Div 3 last night... I'm sitting on the sideline with an icepack strapped to the leg, Richo comes over and we talk about those damn kids. Shannon trots over between points and the youth bashing continues Smiley
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: August 11, 2009, 05:05:21 AM »

http://www.afda.com/rego/showdivision.php?divisionid=1159

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 11, 2009, 06:56:26 AM »

Let's get this board back where it belongs - frivolous gossip and baseless speculation about where everyone will finish.

I've heard that Tiger smells. And that mac's team is going to be made up entirely of one armed robots.

Left handed one armed ninja robots... and Tiger...

I thought everyone had gotten over the UTS hype after EUGs? 

I was just reloading... Hype hype hype!
I do *heart* UTS

And given that Mac will be actually going this time (me included hopefully) I may have to save some heart for my team

trade stories about "the good old days" and complain about what's wrong with the youth of today Tongue

I do that already... and I'm pretty sure noone playing is young enough to be my child... <expletive deleted>ing kids... getting younger every day

No sign of a point yet...
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: August 11, 2009, 07:44:43 AM »

Thanks Suj. i've now chucked the link up in a couple of places. Hopefully that means we'll get more signups!!
Rickert

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 11, 2009, 07:46:22 AM »

The University of Victoria, Wellington seems to be sending a team to AUGs.  Does anyone know how strong the Kiwi side will be?
rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 11, 2009, 08:06:53 AM »

Adelaide Uni is up...
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 11, 2009, 10:19:53 PM »

Adelaide Uni/UniSA is up...
Get it right, champ.

NZ team will be beginners/intermediates.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
wisey

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2009, 10:36:12 PM »

no latuf this year... We had some serious problems with our uni charging us 1100 to go for just flights, rego and accomm. So with only 7 people willing to pay it we just couldnt make it!

Super pissed as it could be my last year... Maybe ill fail a subject and come back from one more!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese