UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 31, 2014, 01:29:42 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 125676 times)
moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: August 13, 2009, 01:10:06 AM »

Who fucken cares about LaTuff. They were a failure of a team last year. In fact, they underperformed so much last year, they didn't even bother failing this year. The competition will be better off without them

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
JMc
« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2009, 03:25:26 AM »

Unlike Monash, who really exceeded everyone's expectations last year and had a cracker of a result... wherever they ended up finishing...
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 13, 2009, 04:19:58 AM »

Pretty rich coming from someone on a team who backed up a gold medal with a failure to put a team together.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 13, 2009, 09:26:32 AM »

FATALITY!

Round 2: FIGHT!
Chris L

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 13, 2009, 07:51:14 PM »

It's good to see the heckling starting up already. What I'm curious about though is the draw. I'm a big fan of lots of games over the 5 days. Something in the 9-11 range. I really enjoy playing games at AUG and the more the merrier. Also with the new 18 person team limit more games will benefit those teams with more depth to their roster and who use both their girl and guy lines. But basically more games = more fun.
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 13, 2009, 07:55:27 PM »

Has anyone added to their roster now that this new rule has come out? As far as i know USYD hasnt, the announcement probably just came a little late for us.
matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: August 13, 2009, 09:03:08 PM »

Has anyone added to their roster now that this new rule has come out? As far as i know USYD hasnt, the announcement probably just came a little late for us.

We've added one more girl thus far

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 13, 2009, 10:29:41 PM »

It's good to see the heckling starting up already. What I'm curious about though is the draw. I'm a big fan of lots of games over the 5 days. Something in the 9-11 range. I really enjoy playing games at AUG and the more the merrier. Also with the new 18 person team limit more games will benefit those teams with more depth to their roster and who use both their girl and guy lines. But basically more games = more fun.
Depends how many teams come.

The feedback from last year was that 11 games was too many and the standard of the playoff games suffered as a result. They were all a case of "who can still move about" rather than "who is better at ultimate". Going for around 9 or 10 games this year. Also depends on the number of teams, and the single or split division.

I'll should know sometime after the 24th what teams we have, so we'll start bitching about the draw after that.

DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 13, 2009, 11:01:58 PM »

i didnt mind 11 games....we did have a large and deep roster which played pretty even number of points across the tournament. apart from the 4 game day which was tough, it wasnt any more painful than any other frisbee tournament. however i can see how teams with smaller rosters or a small number of players who play a majority of points may find it tough....but we are there to (mostly) play frisbee, and 5 days is a long time.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 14, 2009, 12:55:44 AM »

Yeah, it's easy enough for the large, experienced squads. The change is more accommodating to the mid-to-lower level teams who bring squads of 12 with about 20 games of experience between them.

The warmer weather also makes a difference. I remember the Friday games in 07 being more frisbee than ultimate.

moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: August 14, 2009, 01:26:25 AM »

The warmer weather also makes a difference. I remember the Friday games in 07 being more frisbee than ultimate.

How would you know Pissy? Wasn't that the day you got carted off to hospital for being a dehydrated booze hound?

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 14, 2009, 01:50:45 AM »

No that was Wednesday.

littletom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 14, 2009, 07:58:19 PM »

Yeah, Pissy started the booze hounding early.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 17, 2009, 03:54:47 AM »

Any requests for the AUG draw format?

I'm probably gonna say no to all of them, but ask anyway.

a1214

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: August 17, 2009, 05:59:28 AM »

its okay guys im coming to unigames now

this is a pretty cool blog: sifultimate.blogspot.com (check us out)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese