UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. November 20, 2019, 02:59:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Show me all! Wanna see all topics from all boards on one page? Check out the UltiTalk Sitemap.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 287797 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: August 24, 2009, 09:13:42 AM »

Watch out for the re-re-return of Simon “Mal Michael” Talbot, who has announced his retirement from competitive ultimate more times than he’s been carted off to hospital with a Saline IV stuck in his arm.
Hey. I've only retired twice.

Serious note - 23 teams. Get amongst it.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 24, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »

Serious note - 23 teams. Get amongst it.

So two divisions?
Shaunie81

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 24, 2009, 10:28:58 AM »

thanks moroney...ill give you credit for that but might take one for the team this year and not be an insatiable trashbag boozegound..
gold medal is on the cards

Can't see it happening =P
Eels 88

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 24, 2009, 11:04:49 AM »

USyd: Firstly let me say how happy I am that everyone is getting on board the “Sydney Uni are an arrogant and boring team” bandwagon. It’s good to see. The only thing these guys talk up more than their playing ability is their partying ability.

Flinders: Sean Lace will no doubt be running around like a rabid little rat, as if he has something to prove to the world, sporting a game face that reminds me of Kobe’s game 6 game face (http://thesportsbrareports.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/kobes-game-face.jpg?w=300&h=226).

BUUF: Watch out for the re-re-return of Simon “Mal Michael” Talbot, who has announced his retirement from competitive ultimate more times than he’s been carted off to hospital with a Saline IV stuck in his arm.

UWA: Remember Squeak “Little Bitch” Scholari from Baseketball? That’s UWA.

Griffith: Captained by Cupcake? Don’t know, don’t care.

Newcastle: And less piping from Ellie Sparke.

Hell Moz, I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read these lines. Well played sir!
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 26, 2009, 08:24:08 PM »

Oh, incidentally, as I'm not captain of the AFDA bit and can't put the team up on the rego, here is what Macquarie looks like this year.

Girls:

Megan Gamble
Hayley McFetridge
Genieve McDermot
Jesslyn Ho
Claire Polosak
Nerine Moodley

Boys:

Tiger Webb
Rory Connell
Yoann Greau
Nathan Wong
Nick Dousett
Alfred "Mad Dog" Poon
Scott Krause, Jr
Nathan Linforth
Alistair See
Anthony Richard
Ian Muir

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
thefole

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:58 PM »

Hell Moz, I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read these lines. Well played sir!

i think i just did piss myself laughing.

which is a real shame cos i was reading it at uni...

luweekoh

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 26, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »

You guys are being incredibly silly though. Fair enough SUUFA are continuing their 'be obnoxious, wonder why people hate us' course, but I expected more from UTS.

Amen to that.

oh come on guys, other say a lot more worse and dont get one rebuttal post.  what we get from a bit of jokes are posts from many unis, with a point by point disection.

if i have offended anyone, im sorry.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:03:19 PM by luweekoh » Logged
Big Tom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 26, 2009, 11:37:57 PM »

oh come on guys, other say a lot more worse and dont get one rebuttal post.  what we get from a bit of jokes are posts from many unis, with a point by point disection.

if i have offended anyone, im sorry.

I was just posting earlier to start the small flame war with Linus coz i love those responses that are generated when anyone from SUUFA says anything. Also judging by the stream of invective that is produced I wonder if they prefer salt or vinegar for that chip on their shoulders.

Just a thought.

Also i'm highly offended Luwee. Don't appologise. Be obnoxious like everyone assumes. It can't hurt.

Flame on dear friends.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:45:36 PM by Big Tom » Logged
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2009, 06:04:26 AM »

Flame on dear friends.

Yo team is so ugly they get paid to keep their clothes on in strip clubs

Yo team is so fat that when it sat on the beach Greenpeace kept trying to throw it back in

Yo team is so short you can see your feet in the drivers license photo

Yo team is so dirty you have to creep up on the bathwater

Yo team is so flat its jealous of the wall

That better Tom?

No sign of a point yet...
Big Tom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 01, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »

You killed it tanty. I think it was the smell.
moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: September 09, 2009, 11:50:35 PM »

How are everyone’s AUG preparations coming along? <Insert generic whinge about getting reamed by last minute flight costs here>

My smack talking took a hit today, I guess I’ll get in now before everyone finds out later and smashes me. Our AUG squad suffered a setback, with Cleetus sidelined due to a suspected torn ACL. He’s getting scans today but he seemed to be in a fair bit of pain after training. One of the chicks near him reckoned she heard a “pop” which I can’t guess would be a good thing! This is a double blow as we’ll have to rely more on Steve Thomas, who we were planning to ease back in to games after his shoulder injury, so he may be underdone too. More to come.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:52:51 PM by moroney » Logged

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
JMc
« Reply #461 on: September 10, 2009, 02:46:40 AM »

Craaaaap... Sorry to hear that, dude. Sucks on both a personal level for him, and a team level for you guys :-(  Keep us updated, yeah?

In reply to how our preparations are coming along, we've had a few injury niggles of late, but at the moment everyone seems to be coming good. We've got a couple who are still only 75%, but they should both resolve in the next week or two (fingers crossed), and even "physio" Truter is moving around alright.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the sunny Gold Coast...
Twig

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 10, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »

Our preparations are coming on really well, we have a couple of big weekends with tournaments before we head over to the GC.  Had a scare at league last night with one of our players also going down with a knee but he thinks he will bounce back.
Eels 88

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 12, 2009, 04:29:35 AM »

How are everyone’s AUG preparations coming along? <Insert generic whinge about getting reamed by last minute flight costs here>

My smack talking took a hit today, I guess I’ll get in now before everyone finds out later and smashes me. Our AUG squad suffered a setback, with Cleetus sidelined due to a suspected torn ACL. He’s getting scans today but he seemed to be in a fair bit of pain after training. One of the chicks near him reckoned she heard a “pop” which I can’t guess would be a good thing! This is a double blow as we’ll have to rely more on Steve Thomas, who we were planning to ease back in to games after his shoulder injury, so he may be underdone too. More to come.

Dude thats balls. When will Clete find out about his knee? I had my recon on Monday and its scrotom. Did have a cute nurse help me shower but.

UWA is coming along nicely, however unfortunately several players including P Eley, K Thorn and B Heim have contracted a severe case of homosexuality. They are expected to make a recovery over time, however they may still be contagious during AUG. Apart from that, UWA looks strong and is looking to medal.
moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: September 13, 2009, 09:39:30 PM »

Dude thats balls. When will Clete find out about his knee? I had my recon on Monday and its scrotom. Did have a cute nurse help me shower but.

Well in the AFL Collingwood's Scott Pendlebury broke a bone in his leg last week and is looking to run out in the Preliminary final, so I guess anything is possible. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese