UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. November 20, 2019, 07:10:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
RSD syndicated. North American UT posts are syndicated on the newsgroup Rec.Sport.Disc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 287773 times)
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 06:24:50 PM »

Why do Sydneysiders hate leaving Sydney so much?

BUUF's going to Stampede, and hopefully another Vic team or two. Everyone else should too. You don't win Party Of The Year twice in a row by putting on shit tourneys.

Personally I'll be going to both.  It's just very hard to convince people that have only been playing a month or two that it's a good idea to go to Bathurst twice in a row.

UTS will be aiming for div1, but a lot can change between now and the end of the year so we'll see!
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 07:34:40 PM »

How many nights will QUT manage to stay in their accomodation this year? I'll give them less than 48 hours! 

ill go for 24 hours if we are with the rugby boys again. Then back seats all the way baby!!!!!

I might not be there the whole week but might come down for the first few day and maybe the final. Depends if i am employed at the time.
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 07:18:17 AM »

On a side note.  It's going to be pretty hard to convince people to go to the Stampede AND EUGs in Bathurst...

Well given I have classes clashing with the Stampede my decision has been made... which blows my chance of getting the hat trick =(

Macquarie will want to play division 1.

You mean Nikki will kick our asses if we don't...

No sign of a point yet...
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »

Well, when I say "no one will be forced into a division", I mean that "if any of 2008's quarter finalists, or UQ, tries to enter Div2, I'll tell them to stop being silly and put them in Div1."

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 04:36:05 AM »

Well, when I say "no one will be forced into a division", I mean that "if any of 2008's quarter finalists, or UQ, tries to enter Div2, I'll tell them to stop being silly and put them in Div1."

Nice move.

BUUF: GAINS: Drule, Macca, Timill, can't recall who else... LOSSES: ?

You've gotta be kidding? Those are some serious recruits right there......
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 08:53:05 PM »

UQ: GAINS: everyone, since '08...

Who's got more to add?
I'll add the comment that it could seriously be harder to get one of the 9 male spots on the 2009 UQ AUG team than to make firestorm, and that before factoring the chance of any imports. 

BUUF: GAINS: Drule, Macca, Timill, can't recall who else...
Yawn...

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
kiely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »

Major changes to team lists since '08?

UQ: GAINS: everyone, since '08...

BUUF: GAINS: Drule, Macca, Timill, can't recall who else... LOSSES: ?

LaTuf: GAINS: Possibly Eric, is he still around in sem 2? LOSSES: Jenica, Macca, ?

Who's got more to add?
Flinders: Loss - erin - Gains - lots
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 11:19:49 PM »

Why do Sydneysiders hate leaving Sydney so much?

BUUF's going to Stampede, and hopefully another Vic team or two. Everyone else should too. You don't win Party Of The Year twice in a row by putting on shit tourneys.

Personally I'll be going to both.  It's just very hard to convince people that have only been playing a month or two that it's a good idea to go to Bathurst twice in a row.

UTS will be aiming for div1, but a lot can change between now and the end of the year so we'll see!

Yeah it's not the leaving Sydney part but going to the same place twice in a relatively close time span.
It might kill the novelty of frisbee for the newbies to go to Batho twice.
Cold, rainy and windy Bathurst Sad
Bozz is a great TD but he doesn't have a direct line to the weather gods.
Thankfully, I'm soft and not playing EUGs this year.

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 12:33:55 AM »

BUUF: GAINS: Drule, Macca, Timill, can't recall who else...
Yawn...

On a team like UQ where there are already some big names, timill and dan rule might become lost.

But on a team with Simmo and Doogie......

Onto the next issue:

Travelling to bathurst twice is more about the fact that it is bathurst. Bathurst is known for cold weather, hard fields and +40degree days.... When compared to places like the Gold Coast, or even Melbourne (good night life and sweet public transport), bathurst struggles due to a lack of natural and man-made attractions. Boz rocks and is an excellent TD (he let us play jousting with the AUS' super-expensive flag thingys), so we'll see how much his awesomeness weighs against any of the bad stuff we may run into.

Speaking of losses: we lost our fastest D man (who couldn't throw) and our most consistent handler/experienced player. However we have plenty of returners... Should be fun.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 03:45:28 AM »

Bathurst is known for cold weather, hard fields and +40degree days.
Once again, Dan...do you actually read what you write?

Yes, traveling to the same place twice may make the novelty wear off a bit, spare a thought for teams like CSU, Byron Bay, Traralgon and Townsville, who HAVE to travel if they want to play ANY tournament.

And fuck it, I may as well moan about BUUF's story...we travel to Melbourne (90min) every single week for club trainings and Geelong (60min) for league. Makes two trips to Bathurst seem a bit light on, really.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 07:20:07 AM »

You're telling me Robbie is a gain? Doubt that.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Eels 88

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 08:44:38 AM »

Bathurst is known for cold weather, hard fields and +40degree days.
Once again, Dan...do you actually read what you write?
Amen. And if you even try to tell us that you were talking in farenheit....

Should be a strong AUG by the look of it. Looks like teams will be competing for spots in Div 1. How will they be allocated Pissy? How will you compare teams like UQ, UNSW et al who didnt play 07? Regionals? Boat Race???

Haha jangles, is there much point even booking accom if your only gonna last 24 hours? Might as well cut your losses and tent it at the fields. Also means you get another 15ish minutes sleep in in the morning.

kiely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 01:03:02 AM »

You're telling me Robbie is a gain? Doubt that.

hahah maybeh......
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 01:56:39 AM »

Just to put something to rest...

Regionals was held in ORANGE. ORANGE had the rock hard ground (sorry) and the REALLY hot days!

Weather in Bathurst will be around 5 - 20 degrees between April to July.
I will be putting through all of my favours to get some decent weather for the Stampede this year which is on the 23/24th of May!

I urge EVERYONE to come to BOTH tourneys as they are COMPLETELY different!!!
Stampede is more about having fun, nice start to the mixed season and is aimed at beginner - intermediate teams with some old hands and shenanigans thrown in there.
EUG'S is aimed at Uni teams looking to get their shit down before AUG's!!

Like Simmo has said before, CSU and the BozzBrown Combo (that's me and heather) have brought you the party of the year TWO YEARS in a row now! Now that HAS to be a reason to come to the Stampede where there will be an Ultimate only party that will be EPIC! (no mechanical bull though)

Don't write off going to Bathurst (which is 2.5-3 hrs from Sydney) just because the tournies are within 60 days of each other Smiley
I'll be there for both and I live in Sydney!
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 02:01:01 AM »

Sorry to double post...

But Bathurst is 30-60mins drive MORE then heading to Newcastle (pending on traffic)

Sorry if I come off a little grumpy, but I've done the drive from bathurst to sydney for 4 years now (even for 2 games of Ultimate and then driven back) and it's not THAT far.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese