UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. December 05, 2019, 11:53:07 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Facebook Connect! UltiTalk is now connected to Facebook for added social networking features.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 289500 times)
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 07, 2009, 05:08:41 AM »

So are any teams except for Newcastle, UTS and UNSW going to the Newie IV?

Unfortunately it's on the same date as the Brisbane Development Camp, which counts Macquarie (or at least the guys: Rory, Nathans both Wong and Linforth, Ian Muir, Nick Dousset and myself) out.

Still, I reckon a Macquarie team comprised entirely of women could beat SUUFA.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 07, 2009, 05:34:39 AM »

Even if you, the Nathans, Rory, Ian and Nick were there, it would still be a team entirely composed of girls Tongue
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2009, 07:44:42 AM »

No wonder mac players don't have any money and can't afford to go to eugs.

But they do need all the help they can get....  Grin

Anyway, girls are most welcome. There are always an excess of dudes and i have no doubt you could borrow one or a half dozen for the day.

Uh, teams are capped at 8, so if you are planning on coming to the iv, get in sooner rather than later.
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 07, 2009, 10:49:28 AM »

In slightly EUGs-related news, UTS, UNSW and Suufa had a scrimmage yesterday in Centennial Park.  I don't think either of the teams had full EUGs rosters but the results:

UTS (w/ Gaby) > UNSW by a few
Suufa (w/Gaby) > UTS by 1 point in extra time
Suufa (w/Gaby) > UNSW by quite a few

Real winner of the day obviously?  Gaby Melo Tongue

Shaping up to be a close EUGs I think, it looks like Newcastle is going to possibly be the team to beat though.

Lets be honest. The real winner was the SUUFA end of semester party, which dominated the majority of players on SUUFA and UTS the night before. I am quite sure i saw through the haze several players from both teams in a right royal state. Considering the sore and sorry faces i saw heading off to play ultimate the next morning, most still in costume, i think that the party was by far the most influential player on both teams.

Tiger...really, you can do better pipes than that, i expect better things from you. Not even worth playing.
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2009, 07:03:24 PM »

Haha you're dead right maple. I felt pretty bad being the only guy on the field that didn't have a hangover or was still drunk :p. Backing up the next day is an essential skill in Uni ultimate though and I think quite a few people got a crash course in that this Saturday!
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2009, 10:17:46 PM »

Real winner of the day obviously?  Gaby Melo Tongue

Gaby was always going to win that...

Unfortunately it's on the same date as the Brisbane Development Camp, which counts Macquarie (or at least the guys: Rory, Nathans both Wong and Linforth, Ian Muir, Nick Dousset and myself) out.
Still, I reckon a Macquarie team comprised entirely of women could beat SUUFA.

Yay development... but as I've said before Tiger, if you guys can't get your shit (and funds) together to get a team (including me) to AUGs this year there are going to be consequences and repercussions that you will still be feeling at WCCs... I'm missing a Bad Religion/NoFX gig for AUGs...

No sign of a point yet...
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2009, 04:59:00 AM »

Bad Religion/NoFX gig for AUGs...

Wow, I listened to nofx when i was an angry rebellious teen...

Living in the past much tanty?
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2009, 08:33:21 AM »

So apparently the Newie IV is on the Sunday now?
That means a committed Mac team can still make it there Tongue

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2009, 08:42:29 AM »

Apparently I'm an idiot, and you should ignore everything I just said.

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
The Brucemaster

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2009, 08:51:14 AM »

Apparently I'm an idiot, and you should ignore everything I just said.

Par for the course really.

In other news, a closer to full strength and non-hungover SUUFA side played what seemed like a full strength plus Rachel Grindlay UTS side tonight. The larger field of ELS Hall plus a fresh squad on both sides made for a much more competitive and flowing game of Ultimate. SUUFA took the game 15-6/7 but the score could have been closer without a couple of drops in the endzone by the FCUTS (not to mention Loren's dubious down call after an epic Linus hammer Tongue).

In summary, with a few weeks of training still left, UTS will be a much more competitive side than last year's ECCs and with SUUFA missing a few 'elite but not stand-out players' like Pete and Izzy the competition is looking very even. 
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2009, 09:22:24 PM »

In the end... I think the town of Bathurst will be the eventual winner for EUG's!
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2009, 10:04:01 PM »

Yeah that was the exact team we're taking to EUGs except that we were missing Ash Symons (Rachel is on the team).  I think you're right Cam, the game was probably closer than the scoreboard showed.  I thought the team did pretty well considering half of them don't really know what a zone is Tongue

Lol @ Loren too.  Standing on the sideline with Lisi, we both agreed that it was definitely up!
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2009, 02:28:49 AM »

Bad Religion/NoFX gig for AUGs...

Wow, I listened to nofx when i was an angry rebellious teen...

Living in the past much tanty?

I listened to nofx when I was a teen... and that's only like decade ago now... you find me one person who goes to that gig and doesn't think it kicks ass.

I briefly considered skipping out on the final night uni games party to skip over to see the Brisbane show...

No sign of a point yet...
kiely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2009, 11:57:53 PM »

so much talk on eug's what about sug's
just quietly...flinders is looking prettty amazing this year
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2009, 12:54:56 AM »

BUUF's team is very similar to their AUG team from last year. And it is going to be remarkably different to our AUG team this year.

Our core group is suffering from burnout lately after Nats, uni work and various other endeavours, so BUUF is taking a bit of a sabbatical for the next few weeks. No trainings (to my knowledge) and no G-League this season, so once SUG rolls around we will hopefully have a lot more energy.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese