UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 20, 2019, 12:21:54 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tweak it out. Customize the look and feel of UltiTalk by changing your Theme Settings.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 284289 times)
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 05, 2009, 05:20:53 AM »

UQ put thier team up on the website. I dont recognise a few names from nationals rosters etc, so i am gonna assume they are seppoes, but by the quality of their aussie players it looks like a hell of a team. Should be very very tough to beat. Its nice that they are coming this year....i wonder if the Gold Coast will be the extent of their travels in future considering its gonna be there evey 2 years and they can feild squads like that.
JMc
« Reply #361 on: August 05, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »

Missing last year certainly wasn't an intentional decision on UQ's behalf... there was a few things affecting the lack of a team, of which I think the two biggest were: a) an expensive Nationals campaign (Perth + Canberra) coming up for some players, and b) changing of the leadership guard, as Bretty (the man who really drove our Uni Games push) was no longer with us...

I'm out in a few months, so won't be part of things n future years... but I'd like to think that we can get ourselves better organised and driven so we're sending competitive teams both near and far... it's a bit elitist and snobby to just sit tight and only play when it's down the road, and we'd like to think neither of those adjectives apply to us :-)

As for this year: bring it.
Pallen

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 05, 2009, 05:42:14 PM »

As I said on the UQ website. That team is unbelievable.

I can only count 4 players on the list that I don't recognise as Aussies. But they might be because I haven't really seen the players this year.

John hit the nail on the head with those reasons for not going last year along with the option of playing at mixed nats instead which was in Brisbane and UQ entered a team at. Last year was sort of a changeover year between the older stalwart leading players not being around and the newer leadership finding their feet. Seems to be nicely in balance now and it would be sad if they did just keep playing gold coast tournies.

Go team.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 05, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »

So are UQ using those same horrendous uniforms as 07 or will you have a new kit designed to match up with silver accessories?

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: August 06, 2009, 05:29:56 PM »

Look out for a new suufa dark strip at uni games, unveiled for the first time. It's quite simplisitic...rather a different approach from the UQ lovers.

biskit

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 06, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »

Any news on these team sizes? Hopefully it all comes out for the better.

Im sure ANU is in the same situation as most of the unis; we really want to let people book flights etc as early as possible. Also, we are booked into the 'Moorings on Cavill'... Anybody stayed there before or are there this year? The first place we tried was all booked out by Newcastle.

Also, Shenanigans details are up for this year, see the other thread for details, but it would be great to get the uni teams down to canberra for the weekend. B squads are encouraged as well.

Ps. ANU just picked up a 6'6 seppo plus some returning alumni Grin, looking alot stronger for AUGs than EUGs!
matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: August 09, 2009, 10:00:39 PM »

Simon Talbot  ***ATTENTION ALL UNI ULTIMATE FOLK*** Squad size increase to 18 has been approved. More details to come via email tomorrow.

from Facebook

for the Unis that have already picked their teams of 16, will you be adding to your team size? Monash picked their team two weeks ago and will be facing a similar dilemma (as we had to cut about 6 guys and a girl)

Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 09, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »

Macquarie haven't selected a team, so I guess we're cutting less dudes now.

Yeah organisational lethargy - way to really pay off!
: August 10, 2009, 02:08:51 PM
Also those of you who have selected your teams, put up your team lists! (on AFDA, or on here)

Let's get this board back where it belongs - frivolous gossip and baseless speculation about where everyone will finish.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Big Tom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 09, 2009, 11:42:20 PM »

Let's get this board back where it belongs - frivolous gossip and baseless speculation about where everyone will finish.

I've heard that Tiger smells. And that mac's team is going to be made up entirely of one armed robots.
Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 10, 2009, 12:04:17 AM »

So are UQ using those same horrendous uniforms as 07 or will you have a new kit designed to match up with silver accessories?

Nah man that strip was sick, the light blue number with the wings on the back? I was a big fan...original and interesting.
Ian M

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2009, 12:21:14 AM »

I've heard that Tiger smells. And that mac's team is going to be made up entirely of one armed robots.

Left handed robots.
moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: August 10, 2009, 12:40:05 AM »

Nah man that strip was sick, the light blue number with the wings on the back? I was a big fan...original and interesting.

Frank loved that outfit. I heard he traded for one to wear at Mardi Gras that year.....

I was happy not to trade. I prefer frisbee shirts that don't make me look like a raging homo.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
Pallen

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 10, 2009, 07:12:28 AM »

haha, light blue...that was the plan, light aqua greenie sort of colour was the outcome. Well done VC.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 10, 2009, 08:22:02 PM »

I've posted BUUF's team on the AFDA rego site.

I'm not sure if BUUF is going to pick extra players. A couple of folk we cut are signing up for other sports. We might cross-register one or two. I dunno - absolutely none of this is up to me.

By the way, when talking to your uni sports people about the squad size change, tell them that the Sports Specific Rules will be updated this week and will be noted in their next AUS Operations Memo.

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 10, 2009, 08:23:19 PM »

By the way, I still don't understand all this UTS hype.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese