UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. December 18, 2014, 08:30:50 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tell us more about yourself. Modify your profile by clicking on the Profile link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 128278 times)
cupcake

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2009, 07:54:02 AM »

Any requests for the AUG draw format?

I'm probably gonna say no to all of them, but ask anyway.

swiss draw format.

that was in - tents
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2009, 08:50:37 AM »

Any requests for the AUG draw format?
I'm probably gonna say no to all of them, but ask anyway.

* I ask for extended sleep ins on all days following nights that I engage in over-excessive drinking.
* I also request that people get in their requests now for pissy's consideration so I don't get yelled at on the GC when you didn't have your say now.
* Can I also request 1 hug per day timetabled into the draw Smiley
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »

swiss draw format.
Yes. Saves me work and puts it all on Bozza.

* I ask for extended sleep ins on all days following nights that I engage in over-excessive drinking.
* I also request that people get in their requests now for pissy's consideration so I don't get yelled at on the GC when you didn't have your say now.
No, yes and yes.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2009, 09:36:31 AM »

I'll give you a hug... but I seriously doubt I'll limit myself to one hug per day...

No sign of a point yet...
suj

Australia Australia

eeep, look ma, no hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2009, 09:55:22 AM »

i would love a hug right now :-/

omg i'm in so much pain...my knees hurt
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2009, 10:18:24 AM »

Nominations are now open for the 2009 Martin Laird Award.

The Martin Laird Award is an award that seeks to recognise the achievements and efforts of Australian university ultimate players. We're not after the "best" player - we want to find the unheralded stars of the uni scene. The players who wear their team's colours with pride. The players who put in the effort at training and tournaments week after week. The players who help keep their club running. And the players who are the Nationals winners in years to come.

Each university club can nominate up to two players (one male and one female). Please include their name, their jersey number, a photo and a brief write-up on why they are being nominated.

Please visit this link for more information about the award, including the full criteria.

Please send your nominations to [email protected] before Sunday September 14th.

Nominations will be posted to the website as they are received.

Email me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Simon Talbot
AFDA National Universities Coordinator

Pallen

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2009, 01:33:02 PM »

Swiss draw format...can someone explain that too me, the number of different explanations we received last week confused the crap out of me. In the end we decided to just finish above the teams that had to go into the swiss draw so we wouldn't have to think too much.
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »

Nominations are now open for the 2009 Martin Laird Award.

The Martin Laird Award is an award that seeks to recognise the achievements and efforts of Australian university ultimate players. We're not after the "best" player - we want to find the unheralded stars of the uni scene. The players who wear their team's colours with pride. The players who put in the effort at training and tournaments week after week. The players who help keep their club running. And the players who are the Nationals winners in years to come.

Each university club can nominate up to two players (one male and one female). Please include their name, their jersey number, a photo and a brief write-up on why they are being nominated.

Please visit this link for more information about the award, including the full criteria.

Please send your nominations to [email protected] before Sunday September 14th.

Nominations will be posted to the website as they are received.

Email me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Simon Talbot
AFDA National Universities Coordinator
Retrospective voting?
Chris L

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »

I thought the draw in Melbourne last year was fine. Keeping it simple with initial pools based on the number of teams, splitting into top and bottom pools for crossovers to determine seeding into the quarters/semis. Aiming for 9-11 games over the 5 days.

Based on my 5 minute wikipedia understanding of the Swiss system...I don't like it. Having to determine the draw after every single game with a complicated system that not everyone will understand seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Nobody will know where they are supposed to play, against whom or when without everyone trekking back to frisbee central and waiting for the poor volunteers to work it all out. Also, no matter how "bad" a predetermined draw is, at least everyone gets a good look at it in advance and can work out what they need to do to win.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »

Yeah, it's easy enough for the large, experienced squads. The change is more accommodating to the mid-to-lower level teams who bring squads of 12 with about 20 games of experience between them.

The warmer weather also makes a difference. I remember the Friday games in 07 being more frisbee than ultimate.

QUT has 11 atm. not having a medical program really kills the retention rate. 3 returning wooden spooners this year.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 18, 2009, 01:52:33 AM »

Just for the benefit of the Newcastle folk, the draw will most definitely NOT be Swiss format.

It will be a reclassification (ie: same as last year) format. Likely to be less games (9-10 for the week) than last year as we have limited field space this time around. Looking at maximum 3 games per day, the usual Wednesday arvo off and one game on Friday. Any complaints on that?

Also, does anyone know if the following teams are coming this year...
- Murdoch
- ECU
- Wollongong
- CSU
Haven't heard anything definitive from them for a while now.

Peley

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2009, 08:14:18 AM »

im pretty sure murdoch are a no, and so are ecu.

but dont quote me, i dont really give a shit if either team are there or not
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: August 18, 2009, 08:32:41 AM »

is still waiting for the lunches email... Sad
DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 18, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »

pretty sure CSU are going...ask mark evans or craigie
Brettski

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: August 18, 2009, 07:41:10 PM »

I have a friend at 'Gong, and they are organising a team. In fact my sis might be playing on it. Tiger - you're in.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese