UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. November 16, 2019, 07:15:58 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tweak it out. Customize the look and feel of UltiTalk by changing your Theme Settings.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Road to Gold Coast: 2009 uni ultimate  (Read 287448 times)
luweekoh

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2009, 04:29:09 AM »

A few other unis have posted their teams too. Flinders look like they're definitely losing Alec but other than that look pretty good. Monash minus OSh still looks respectable too. I hear that the Sydney uni team has been announced. Looks like they've dropped their "not selecting calan" policy for 2009

Just like UTS have dropped their "win the party" policy?  Wink

ahem EUG's cough
luweekoh

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2009, 04:59:17 AM »

UTS is getting a bit too overhyped I think Tongue  
How does it feel? Wink

...I'm looking forward to there being no real 'favourites' and being able to play some quality, close matches and hitting the parties hard with our eastern buddies. And the best part is, everyone gets to smash Cumbo!

Oh come on Brett. Why must you SUUFA kids keep lying to yourselves? We all know come Uni Games you spend more time in ice-baths than on the dancefloor...

OH how in retrospect this statment is LAUGHABLE!!!

Sydney was at every party till late on the df, last team standing some nights - with photos to prove.

UTS? "Oh we're not drinking or dancing, but we'll come to the party just to say we were there..."
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2009, 05:43:33 AM »

The first two nights we were there til the party venue closed... Didn't see many if any suufa kids there those nights. It's only on the third night when you guys figured you had an easy semi against us to wake up to that you were there longer than us. Can't comment on the last night because I had to be back in sydney for work
Big Tom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2009, 09:40:53 AM »

The first two nights we were there til the party venue closed... Didn't see many if any suufa kids there those nights. It's only on the third night when you guys figured you had an easy semi against us to wake up to that you were there longer than us.

First night i Grant UTS the win as u were there til the end.  It probably helped that your first game was at 1, but that's beside the point. However 2nd night and 3rd night UTS (mostly) turned up to the party but were not actively invloved. No dancing and very little drinking. On the 2nd night we have photographic evidence that UTS left before Suufa. And you left nice and early on the 3rd night, so you could be ready and raring to win. Oh and Henry is a smelly pirate hooker.

On a side note: are there any girls hwo post on this or is this just guys beating their chests.
linus89

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2009, 10:03:57 AM »

ok well on the second night, "very little drinking", i seem to remember someone almost single handedly beating suufa in a boat race and then one on one with brett because you guys were so certain it was a tie.
Another thing on henry's point about the third night...it happened in melbourne as well... like ghosts you disappear home by 12 on every night of competition and at the last party staying out till late... winning the party isnt a one night thing guys, and it most certainly isnt a last night thing... Im not saying that UTS wins every party, but more often than not we finish on the podium.
Big Tom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »

ok well on the second night, "very little drinking", i seem to remember someone almost single handedly beating suufa in a boat race and then one on one with brett because you guys were so certain it was a tie.
Another thing on henry's point about the third night...it happened in melbourne as well... like ghosts you disappear home by 12 on every night of competition and at the last party staying out till late... winning the party isnt a one night thing guys, and it most certainly isnt a last night thing... Im not saying that UTS wins every party, but more often than not we finish on the podium.

Single handedly beat suufa. You beat the B squad, C squad at best. I've seen Birds out skull brett. And they can't even hold the glass. We all know Brettski can only strawpedo so we'll leave that where it is. Also I didn't say that Linus didn't drink, I said that UTS as a whole softed out, there will of course always be outliers.

Secondly I don't think UTS really partied. I saw very little dancing, whilst out girls wore themselves out fighting off the ravenous hordes of an EUGs dance floor. I have no idea about Melbourne coz i wasn't there, however i'm pretty sure that UTS were out the door at 12 on the second night, of which there is photographic evidence.

Also back to the first night we had to leave early coz Linus was dancing so crazy we didn't want him injuring our girls. That man can't handle his drink. "I haven't got a pulse!!!"  Tongue
The Brucemaster

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2009, 10:53:12 AM »

You said it yourself Linus: "Single-handedly".

Where were your team-mates? That's right, they were sitting around a table doing nothing much at all. Whilst SUUFA were able to field a full boat race team, in addition to the dance floor team that had been going hard since about an hour or two before you arrived.

'Oh but we were drinking hard at Craigie's house' I hear you say. Well if that was the case, WHY WEREN'T YOU ALL AS LOOSE AS A VIOLATED MOOSE WHEN YOU GOT TO THE PARTY!?!?!

As for the dance floor, UTS put in a poor show. Sure, Linus was a stand-out player (Pete Liddicoat could learn from him... Tongue) but there was no real supporting cast. Whereas our boys and girls were busting moves from the moment we got there until the early hours of the morn and then backing up to play at 9 the next morning.

From now on, I propose that UTS stand for Ultimately Too Soft...
ashry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2009, 11:40:31 AM »

Out come the claws...

luwee, were you at the same EUG's as the rest of us??

Oh come on Brett. Why must you SUUFA kids keep lying to yourselves? We all know come Uni Games you spend more time in ice-baths than on the dancefloor...

OH how in retrospect this statment is LAUGHABLE!!!

Sydney was at every party till late on the df, last team standing some nights - with photos to prove.

Laughable? The fact that your calling that remark laughable is utterly hilarious! Lets revisit the first night to begin with..

Yes Sydney were there, as was pretty much everyone from every sport from every uni. After the live band finished, however, USyd were like a greyhound out of the traps, whilst UTS and CSU were left to carry the Ultimate Frisbee flag on the dancefloor UNTIL CLOSE!! and yes, we have photos to prove as well.

Firstly, we all saw it. We all know Linus beat Brett on the last glass, after absolutely demolishing Cam on the first leg.
Secondly, for Linus to BEAT YOU TWICE in a beer boat race is extremely significant, because we all know he very rarely, if ever, drinks beer. Still think we gave up the 'win the party' policy?

3rd and 4th nights I happily admit we were nowhere near the top of our game, but when you have people coughing up phlegm and bile and being so physically sick they were unable to play most of the next day, i think commonsense would prevail and you'd pull the reigns in a bit.

Manny: Do you think I should wash my beard?
Bernard: I think you should, yeah. You should wash your beard, then shave it off, nail it to a Frisbee and fling it over a rainbow!
ashry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2009, 11:42:53 AM »

You said it yourself Linus: "Single-handedly".

Where were your team-mates? That's right, they were sitting around a table doing nothing much at all. Whilst SUUFA were able to field a full boat race team, in addition to the dance floor team that had been going hard since about an hour or two before you arrived.

From memory, linus drank you under the table on the first leg of that boat race, right Cam? 2 seconds quicker, don't you think?
Doesnt matter if you were able to field a full boat race team or not. A, we still beat you, twice. B, we did it with one less person. Thank you for proving our point Cam.

As for the dance floor, UTS put in a poor show. Sure, Linus was a stand-out player (Pete Liddicoat could learn from him... Tongue) but there was no real supporting cast. Whereas our boys and girls were busting moves from the moment we got there until the early hours of the morn and then backing up to play at 9 the next morning.

1st night. Live band stops playing about 12-12.30pm. 12.45pm: not a single SUUFA person left in the entire venue.
Practice what you preach champ.

PS From memory, the night Linus (and lets not forget Ant Melo in this. yeah, 3 guys getting beaten by a girl and a guy, especially linus, ouch, thats gotta hurt your ego) beat Luwee, Brett and yourself, and then Brett again, we were also up at 9am playing Newcastle, and we scored as many points as you did in the final.

PPS

You beat the B squad, C squad at best.

A, it was 2/3 of our F squad. Indi had gone missing, so Linus had to step up.
B, if it was your C squad where was the A Squad? We wouldve gladly taken on your best drinkers, and gladly beaten you. But you're A team was nowhere to be seen.
C, You certainly weren't at your best, I think you'd agree Cam.

From now on, I propose that UTS stand for Ultimately Too Soft...

From now on, I propose Cam gets banned from posting on Uni Games Party-related matters, at least until you work out which story you're going to use to explain your shortcomings.

Bernard: I think you should, yeah. You should wash your beard, then shave it off, nail it to a Frisbee and fling it over a rainbow!
ashry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »

Also I didn't say that Linus didn't drink, I said that UTS as a whole softed out, there will of course always be outliers.

If you added 'the last two nights' to 'UTS as a whole softed out', I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. However, for both of the first two nights, we were still at the venue long after you were gone.

Secondly I don't think UTS really partied. I saw very little dancing, whilst out girls wore themselves out fighting off the ravenous hordes of an EUGs dance floor.

Again, 1st night, we were there dancing long after you were asleep. 2nd night, we were too busy drinking. Also, unless if you haven't guessed, there aren't a lot of fans of dance/house music on our team, certainly not as much as there are on the USyd team.

I have no idea about Melbourne coz i wasn't there, however i'm pretty sure that UTS were out the door at 12 on the second night, of which there is photographic evidence.

Are you talking about EUG's this year, or AUG's last year. Because at EUG's we were at the Oxford til it closed on the second night. On the third night we went home at 12 because Ev had self-diagnosed himself with swine flu he was that sick, and because none of us were really in the partying mood.

Regardless, I think we'd all agree that the true party champions were CSU. Not only did they manage to bring home the bronze, but they did so after going to every party every night, drinking at every party every night, whilst simultaneously dealing with what has now become known as the 'Rankin Palace Plague'.

DaveR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2009, 06:27:36 PM »

haha, you all make me laugh
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2009, 08:01:26 PM »

Just like UTS have dropped their "win the party" policy?  Wink
They had one?

On a side note: are there any girls hwo post on this or is this just guys beating their chests.
There are no girls on the internet. I thought this was common knowledge.

USyd and UTS all talk a big party game, but I've never seen either of them stand toe to toe with anyone from the West or South. Closest I've seen was the Sydney IV in 2006 when some UTS folk tried to run with B-Town but got laughed out of the building shortly before midnight.

UWA are still the team to watch. Flinders will put on a good show, as will the AU/USA team. Ballarat will play dirty like they always do. Monash will be rather tepid until Thursday night. Melbourne and Deakin will be pathetic as usual.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2009, 09:35:08 PM »

There are one or two 'girls' on this forum, but I think they're actually Moroney on his other computer, the one where the caps lock key works.

You guys are being incredibly silly though. Fair enough SUUFA are continuing their 'be obnoxious, wonder why people hate us' course, but I expected more from UTS.

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 20, 2009, 12:12:45 AM »

your all just soft. You don't win the party until you wake up next the fat chick!!!! or end up in prision (hey wetnose)
moroney

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2009, 12:35:29 AM »

WOODLEY!!!!

Yaaayahhh HOS and Monash
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese