UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. September 21, 2019, 11:41:15 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where was that post again? Stop searching and start bookmarking!  Save your favorite posts in My Bookmarks.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Intermediate mens syndrome  (Read 13705 times)
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »

The problem with a draft kind of system ("schoolyard style") is that it will make the beginners feel like shit.  Imagine rocking up to your tournament, keen to play some ultimate for the first time even if you're not the most athletic person in the world, and then you end up getting picked last...

Pick captains, allocate the beginners to the team based on a random draw and THEN have the captain pick through the intermediate dregs.  That would be a fairly decent system, and people would quickly realise if they've overestimated their abilities based on where they get picked Tongue
Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 08:01:37 AM »

people would quickly realise if they've overestimated their abilities based on where they get picked Tongue
Ouch... But yeah that would be interesting to watch... not be in, but definitely watch

So in summary: put yourself with the guys you are about as good as and don't get upset if the TD moves your ass.
I tried that once but Hari kept shifting me out of "beginner girl"... =P

No sign of a point yet...
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 12:12:59 AM »

Awww, come on tanty.... You've gotta have some confidence in your ability!

Well there's always my other idea (shot down by Melbourne Hat committee) of having captains pick teams Saturday morning schoolyard style.

You know, this might actually work well....

However, it throws up the chance of a dark horse tipping the scales.

Quote from: tiger
The absolute worst thing that can happen is your hat team gets gimped and you don't win any games.

If you care about how many games your hat team wins then something is very seriously wrong somewhere.

Hehe, how about: your team wins as much as the teams that got promoted to the top pool (3 wins in cross over, 1 win and a loss in the pool stage), then goes on to win the wooden spoon? I think that has to be one of the more epic efforts at the towel...

That and the blue team winning last year Cheesy .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese