UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 17, 2019, 06:39:43 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where was that post again? Stop searching and start bookmarking!  Save your favorite posts in My Bookmarks.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: AUC Perth 2009 (The Important Bit) - The Nationals Party!  (Read 28370 times)
Eels 88

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »

Dear All,

We were recently asked to organise the Nats Party and were on the lookout for suggestions as to what people wanna see at the party. While all attempts will be made to cater for requests, remember we live in Perth and there ain't much here.

If anyone suggests mechanical bull, we will personally brain them.

Regards,

Eels, Peley and Twig
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 09:27:25 PM »

Mechanical bull!

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
wetnose

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 10:02:13 PM »

Very cheap drinks. Close to fields, as most people's accommodation will be around there. A good theme allowing some people to do a lot of effort, but also some people to do minimal effort but still fit in.
kiely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »

having never been to a nationals before i dont know what to expect but what would be fun is having a theme..so we can have some sweet costumes coz dressing up is fun and also have cheap drinks Smiley
and myabe prizes for best dressed
i dont really know
Smiley
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 11:55:49 PM »

Mechanical Bull worked for The Ultimate Stampede in bathurst!!
Made it an instant classic Smiley
rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 01:06:49 AM »

having never been to a nationals before i dont know what to expect but what would be fun is having a theme..so we can have some sweet costumes coz dressing up is fun and also have cheap drinks Smiley
i dont really know
Smiley

There's always a theme, Kiely! Kinda standard for frisbee parties eh? I tell you what I don't want to see: Sublime's nuts. Smiley
ash_5
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 02:59:05 AM »

There's always a theme, Kiely! Kinda standard for frisbee parties eh? I tell you what I don't want to see: Sublime's nuts. Smiley

Sorry mate, probably gonna happen anyway...
kiely

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 05:51:56 AM »

i dont really know
Smiley

boys getting naked.....thomas roden why didnt you tell me this earlier...Tongue
Eels 88

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 06:10:40 AM »

Very cheap drinks. Close to fields, as most people's accommodation will be around there. A good theme allowing some people to do a lot of effort, but also some people to do minimal effort but still fit in.

Very cheap drinks in Perth are hard to do. Pints typically sell for $7 over here. But we are trying to sort something out. In terms of proximity to fields, it is almost an impossibility due to the fact that fields are in Mt Claremont - which has very limited accomodation options.

i dont really know
Smiley

boys getting naked.....thomas roden why didnt you tell me this earlier...Tongue

Haha, yeah that may or may not have happened. There will most definately be a theme (TBA), and Sublime will no doubt be in fine form on home turf.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 12:36:01 AM »

Very cheap drinks in Perth are hard to do. Pints typically sell for $7 over here. But we are trying to sort something out. In terms of proximity to fields, it is almost an impossibility due to the fact that fields are in Mt Claremont - which has very limited accomodation options.

and you guys complain about airfares jeez id say stop drinking and you'll be rich. $7 for a pint i hope that is premium or there are gonna be a lot of sober people at the party.
Cino

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 01:23:26 AM »

$7 a pint is cheap!
Plus we can't give up drinking...there's not much else to do over here!
wetnose

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 01:35:29 AM »

$7 a pint is cheap!

$7 a pint is definately NOT cheap. $3 a pint is cheap.

Make the party BYO, that will make it cheaper (although we all know it is never going to happen).
Cino

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 01:40:37 AM »

I mean cheap compared to some other places here in Perth. The local we head to after league is $9.20 a pint! What the hell is with the 20cents?Huh??
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 02:35:52 AM »

$7 a pint is about par for the course, really. I wouldn't call it expensive.

Also bear in mind that about three quarters of the effort for any theme is going to be less than half assed. Not everyone is gonna want to lug an elaborate costume across the country.

One request I do have comes from what a friend in London was telling me where he found a club that played nothing but power ballads (Always, When Love & Hate Collide, Every Rose Has It's Thorn, I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Here I Go Again...you know the type). Awesome.

10pm till 11pm - Hour Of Power!

But seriously, anywhere that won't kick us out for being cockheads ought to be fine.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
rodes

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 03:37:48 AM »

But seriously, anywhere that won't kick us out for being cockheads ought to be fine.

Speak for yourself, Mr T! Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese