UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. June 16, 2019, 07:16:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
What's New? Interested in seeing a list of all the topics you have yet to read? Click the Show unread posts links at the top of the forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Rules  (Read 49450 times)
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 01:56:01 AM »

The old rule had the provision in it.

It was called "retracting your foul call"....

The old rules used to say:
17.4.   If the team that called the foul or violation gains or retains possession as a result of the pass, play shall continue unhalted. Players recognizing this should call “Play on” immediately to indicate that this rule has been invoked.
17.5.   If the team that called the foul or violation does not gain or retain possession as a result of the pass, play shall be stopped and the disc will be returned to the thrower for a check.
17.6.   If the team that called the foul or violation believes that play has not been affected by the foul or violation, they should decline the foul or violation, make up any positional disadvantage caused by the foul or violation, and restart play with a check.

The new rule is more specific about letting turnovers where fouls don't affect possession stand.

The "Retract" call has only been introduced in the latest version.

Az06

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 02:15:43 AM »

Imagine someone jumping from inside the endzone whilst Gack is on defence to catch it in the air and throw it back in field (essentially a greatest), however no one is there to catch it, so they hit the ground, jump up, run into the endzone again, layout and catch it centimeters from the ground cause the wind held it up……they get up not saying a word, they walk to the front of the endzone where a couple of team mates give them a couple of low 5’s. The player looks down, realizes his shoe is not done up. He puts the disc down next to him, kneels down and ties up his shoe lace. He calmly picks up the disc as he stands up and raises his hand to single he’s ready for the next point…..He says nothing about the play  - he’s nonchalant about it all….

I probably wouldn't celebrate after this either, mainly because it's a turnover!!!

13.1.4 - Double touch.
The throw for the greatest is considered to be just like any other pass and therefore the same thrower can't touch it unless someone else has first.

Someone 1) would have to remember that that was a rule
 and 2) remember to call it after the pick up their jaw from the grass.
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 03:02:07 AM »

Heather riding Bozza around like a bucking bull after a score, with extra YEE-HAAs.

Come to the Stampede and it's a big possibility Smiley
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 10:29:31 PM »

And I for one have always been disappointed by the lack of pre-choreographed celebrations in Ultimate.
BUUF's team rule at AUG 08 was that every goal must be celebrated with an exaggerated spike and a Usain Bolt pose. A fun team bonding thing, plus it made all our newbies REALLY want to catch a goal. Y'know, more than "scoring points to win the game" did. Which makes me think we had our priorities a bit misdirected.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
JMc
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 04:13:38 AM »

BUUF's team rule at AUG 08 was that every goal must be celebrated with an exaggerated spike and a Usain Bolt pose. A fun team bonding thing, plus it made all our newbies REALLY want to catch a goal. Y'know, more than "scoring points to win the game" did. Which makes me think we had our priorities a bit misdirected.

Fortunately, that won't be the case this year, since you're all out for justice, right?
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 06:17:18 AM »

I thought they were Out For Cupcakes...
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 08:30:55 AM »

Justice Cupcakes, duh!

JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 12:37:35 AM »

Justice Cupcake Scoring Dance, eh?

Sounds interesting.

Tanty

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 07:16:48 AM »

Heather riding Bozza around like a bucking bull after a score, with extra YEE-HAAs.

Come to the Stampede and it's a big possibility Smiley

eww

Oh and having seen madness last night I want to see a team pull a "madness walk" after a score, at least everyone from the field (and ideally the subs too)

No sign of a point yet...
JdR

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2009, 06:44:56 PM »

Madness walk yes.  House of Fun dance is a good one too.

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2009, 07:56:39 PM »

i have always been a fan of mike nields nonchalant i just burnt you over the shoulder spike. Implies chumpness why eating at your soul.

And I for one have always been disappointed by the lack of pre-choreographed celebrations in Ultimate.
I didn't see you do any of this against QUT and you had plenty of chances!!!! hope there was plenty of punishment for everyone who scored.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »

The novelty wore off at about 6-0.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »

Hi all

In order to help everyone be as prepared as possible for Nationals, I have put together some documents to help with the rules.

Rules Quiz:
http://rjhberg.googlepages.com/WFDFQuiz2009.xls

This quiz is in excel.
I recommend you "Enable Macros" when opening. That way the answers can be revealed by clicking on the "Answers" button. If not, you can use the "unhide" function to reveal the answers.

This quiz is mostly pitched at Nationals level players. I am hoping to prepare one more pitched at beginner players later.

For those who can't access excel, the questions and answers are also available here:
http://rjhberg.googlepages.com/WFDF2009RulesQuiz-Questions.doc
http://rjhberg.googlepages.com/WFDF2009RulesQuiz-Answers.doc

I suggest using the links provided when forwarding onto people as I will be correcting any errors and reloading to the same spot.

Interpretations document:
WFDF has also produced an Interpretations document to provide some common examples of how to apply the rules.
http://rjhberg.googlepages.com/WFDFRulesofUltimate2009-Interpretati.pdf

I strongly recommend reading this, especially the parts relating to the new rules.
It also includes some "Decision Trees" explaining how to resolve specific situations.

This version is only a draft, but it is expected to be approved by the WFDF Ultimate Rules Committee shortly.

Thanks

Rueben Berg

PS: If you find any errors in these documents, or have any questions about the rules, please do not hesitate to contact me: rjhberg at gmail dot com

wetnose

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »

I have heard different reports from different sources. Almost everyone has been talking about the 2009 rules being used for Nationals, but the Nationals website has a link to the rules that are being used and it directs you to the 2008 rules.

Can someone please confirm that the new 2009 WFDF rules will be the ones used at Nationals?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:25:58 PM by wetnose » Logged
rjhberg

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »

The new rules will be used at Nationals:

TRANSITION
After discussion amongst the AFDA Board and senior players and Captains, transition to the 2009 rules in Australia will be as follows -

1. Nationals 2009, will be held under the 2009 rules.

Simon Wood
AFDA National Events Officer

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese