UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. November 20, 2019, 12:19:18 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nationals Party (IMPORTANT)  (Read 10651 times)
Twig

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2009, 03:20:45 AM »

Hi

Just a couple of things that we would like to give a heads up for regarding the party.

First of all music.

If you have any special requests for music on the night be it year, genre or specific song can you please send them through to [email protected] ASAP. We will try to accommodate for as many different tastes as possible so please send them in.  There will be an hour of power (power ballads) so if you have any great power ballads send them through as well. (if you could do it in excel that would be even better).

Secondly as this is in Perth we have decided to liven up the party a little bit.  As such we are going to be running a boat race competition early on in the evening (about 830).  In this each team is allowed to 'sponsor' 5 of their teammates to compete on their behalf (and for their honor).  We appreciate the fact that a few teams may not want to take part (ie those competing in the final) but we urge the rest to have some fun and make the most of what is an expensive trip.  More details are to come about this but if you are interested please send through your boat race teams so we can set up the competition (to [email protected]).  Almost forgot that it is sponsored by Damiani Cabinets and as such there will be some great prizes for the winners.  There will be both an open and womens division (or Andy Moroney division). 

Cheers
Pete, James and Twig
Party Liasons
wetnose

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 06:15:26 PM »

Any word on what drink prices will be? Did you get any specials? Need to know if we need to pre-lube the throat.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:16:19 PM »

Power ballads you say?

Bon Jovi - Always
Bad English - When I See You Smile
Def Leppard - When Love And Hate Collide
Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
Foreigner - I Wanna Know What Love Is
Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
Toto - Africa
Journey - Don't Stop Believing
Roxette - Fading Like A Flower
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Twig

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 03:10:18 AM »

all alcoholic drinks will be $5 which will include (almost) pints of beer, ulti bombs (jager and V) wine slushies etc

Thankyou pissy for the songs that will almost fill our hour of power.
Stafman

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 01:03:10 AM »

Any Spirits available at the party???

Bourbon / Barcardi / Scotch etc?
shaunh

United Kingdom United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 03:34:20 AM »

I'm pretty glad that there isn't any angry juice on offer. At least you aren't asking for bundy as well.
Stafman

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 06:22:42 AM »

I'm pretty glad that there isn't any angry juice on offer. At least you aren't asking for bundy as well.

Well, as a non-beer drinker, and wine slushies just aren't my style, it means the party sounds pretty crap to me. And I know plenty of people who drink spirits and don't get angry. Myself being one! Yet i know plenty of beer drinkers who would meet that definition...

What it means though, if i want to drink, i either drink before the party (and risk non-entry), or resort to smuggling (and risk ejection)...
wally

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »

Don't worry Stafa.  We'll get you sorted.  You'll be so pissed before the party you won't even know you went to bed before it started.

Although having some bourbs at the party for you to imbibe would aid the Stafa management team greatly.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 08:52:53 AM by wally » Logged
Lou357

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »

Email from the TD said:

Drinks offered at the Party are: Little Creatures Beers and Cider, Avalanche Frozen Cocktails, Vodka Cruisers, Ulti-Bomb (V energy and Jagermeister), assorted soft drinks and bottled water. Alcoholic drinks $5 Non-alcoholic $3

So i'm sure there will be something there that everyone is happy to drink.
Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 07:49:46 AM »

Power ballads you say?

Bon Jovi - Always
Bad English - When I See You Smile
Def Leppard - When Love And Hate Collide
Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
Foreigner - I Wanna Know What Love Is
Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
Toto - Africa
Journey - Don't Stop Believing
Roxette - Fading Like A Flower
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Oh good god.

Here I was thinking I'm going to miss being at nationals this year. The prospect of being subjected to this at the party has made me feel a lot better about not going.
Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 07:51:07 AM »

Well, as a non-beer drinker, and wine slushies just aren't my style, it means the party sounds pretty crap to me.

Hmmm.

Man up?
Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 07:51:50 AM »

Email from the TD said:

Drinks offered at the Party are: Little Creatures Beers and Cider, Avalanche Frozen Cocktails, Vodka Cruisers, Ulti-Bomb (V energy and Jagermeister), assorted soft drinks and bottled water. Alcoholic drinks $5 Non-alcoholic $3

So i'm sure there will be something there that everyone is happy to drink.

Now that is value
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese