UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 17, 2019, 06:13:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tell us more about yourself. Modify your profile by clicking on the Profile link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Indian Rim Asian Uni Games  (Read 7709 times)
Twig

Australia Australia

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2009, 10:37:43 PM »

Hi all,

"Set to take place in Perth, Western Australia from December 7th-11th 2009 this event will bring together the youth of the nations within the Indian Ocean, Asian and Australian regions. Contested under the event motto of "Sport - Culture - Friendship" this opportunity will provide your students the chance to engage in a unique sporting event that will also allow the growth of relationships within the region. "

Ultimate has been included on the program for the second time and I am wondering if any teams from the other side of the country are interested in playing.  It will be a really good tournament with talks of teams from China, Japan and South Africa coming across.  The lvl of competition is generally very strong however any team that competes in AUG 2009 is eligible to play IRAUG as long as they abide by the spirit of the games (sport-culture-friendship)

Now reading the Road to AUG 2009 thread i understand that money can be a bit of an issue, but if you are at all interested in playing please speak to your Sports Organisation and let them know that the event is on and that it is the AUS endorsed International Uni tournament with great opportunities for networking, advertising of the uni and prestige (if you can beat UWA).  Accommodation + player accreditation (incl all the AUG usual's) is only $650 an athlete.

IF you want any more information (even if you dont think it will be possible to come) please email me: [email protected], reply to this post or visit http://www.iraug.com.au/
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 01:42:35 AM »

Ballarat is definitely considering this. I would urge any other club that has more players than spaces available for AUG to consider it as well as an alternative to the Gold Coast.

EDIT - I should also note that I pursued the idea of taking composite teams (aka 'All Star' teams from North, East and South) but that idea was declined by AUS.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:48:55 AM by simmo » Logged

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 06:14:16 AM »

There might be a ton of teams that wanna go, are there going to "qualifications" based on AUGs? Or just, whoever wants to go, can go?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:19:43 AM by Tenk283 » Logged
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 06:34:03 AM »

You (the team) need to attend AUG to be eligible. You could have two completely different teams at each event.

Should also be noted that the accommodation is on-campus at UWA. Without the accommodation option it's $290 per player.

Had a quick look at flights around that time - you can fly there and back for $400. After just being there for Nats, I am so keen to go it's ridiculous. I'm going even if I don't have a team to play with. It will be an awesome event.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:38:06 AM by simmo » Logged

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Tenk283

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 06:38:42 AM »

Its looking pretty good from where i'm standing...

Only problem is money. I couldn't afford nats  Roll Eyes .

Anyway, I did kinda figure out the eligibility from the various websites. Looks like we might have to do some fundraising  Grin .
Timma

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »

Might be worth it just for the fields alone...

tim h | whatever is good to know is difficult to learn
ash_5
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 12:18:10 PM »

Might be worth it just for the fields alone...

Might?? It's a whole lot better than whatever that stuff was we played on at AUGs last year..
Twig

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 09:00:57 AM »

Thanks for the endorsement Simmo... I can give only two guarantees:

1. Fields will be the best in Australia (Not a big call)
2. Parties will be insane

All your team has to do is play AUG to qualify and as simmo said two completely different teams can be fielded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese