UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. December 19, 2014, 05:01:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Where are you? Pin yourself on the UltiTalk Member Map.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mixed Nationals 2009  (Read 18650 times)
matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 07:57:03 PM »

Don't know where you're getting your information from (re: MUF possibly looking at Mixed Nats) but teams that opted to register in the "not interested in Mixed Nats" category will not receive VFDA endorsement for a VIC allocated slot if they change their minds - this applies to Monash like it would any other team.
Hmm. The team was definitely under that category a couple of weeks ago. If you weren't VFDA Pres and a Monash player I'd be calling bullshit Cheesy

A certain former VFDA pres complained as their team has a couple of Monash players and they were worried about eligibility issues Tongue

Big Tom

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »

Well I've heard recently that Gong are no longer going to mixed nats and that VIC has picked up the 9th NSW spot. I don't see why you wouldn't go. I'm more excited about this than I am about starting drinking again after 6 months dry. Also a $300 fine for cream seams fair enough, although I agree with Henry on the excuse of being lost. Anyway, everything is sorted and I'm back to being excited. WOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 06:16:57 AM »

Do we have placings and a wrapup anywhere??
Tassie Joe

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 07:40:49 AM »

1st Spider Pig (NSW)
2nd Cranky (VIC)
3rd Newcastle Pie Wagon (NSW)
4th SMURF (SA)
5th Cream (NSW)
6th Kaboom (ACT)
7th - 8th Over The Hill vs The Tribe (not sure who won)

That's sorta where I stopped keeping track, that's all from memory, so it might be wrong.

Over The Hill (NSW) won spirit.
Shannon Trenwith from Them Apples (TAS) won female MVP.
No idea who won Male MVP, I was flipping burgers at the time.

I met rjhberg, and Tiger, though they wouldn't know it, and according to all reports it was the best organised tourney in living memory. Wink
Tiger

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 07:48:23 AM »

Jimmy Tod-Hill won male MVP, playing for sCAPEgoats (NSW).

thoughts and stuff - sifultimate.blogspot.com
rachelg

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »

7. Tribe
8. Over the Hill

Score in final 15-13
after spider pig were up 8-3 (possibly even 10-3), got back to 10-9. Pretty good game to watch, even if some points had a lot of calls in them
wally

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 09:13:43 AM »

9 - 10. Ultimate Evolution vs Freakshow
11. sCAPEgoats
12. Delirium
AiRPoD

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 08:27:08 PM »

9th - Freakshow
10th - Ultimate Evolution

Damn that infernal wind in the last game. Awesome tournament.
Stafman

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 09:31:25 PM »

1st Spider Pig (NSW)
2nd Cranky (VIC)
3rd Newcastle Pie Wagon (NSW)
4th SMURF (SA)
5th Cream (NSW)
6th Kaboom (ACT)
7th The Tribe (Vic)
8th Over The Hill (NSW)
9th FreakShow (Singapore - NZ spot)
10th Ultimate Evolution (SA)
11th Scapegoats (NSW)
12th Delerium (QLD)
13th Climbing the Hills (NSW)
14th Mucus (Vic)
15th Them Apples (Tas)
16th MDAC (Vic)
17th GFUC (Vic)
18th RunAmok (Tas)
19th Happy Pig (WA)
20th Pillow Fight (SA)
21st - Fanny Duck (Vic)
22nd - Cannon Fodder (NSW)
23rd - Special Sauce (NSW)

Teams missing from above. Someone else may have known the results and which position they were playing for.
MDAC (Vic)
GFUC (Vic)
RunAmok (Tas)

Edit: Updated from www.afda.com/scores - Thanks Henry
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:49:19 PM by Stafman » Logged
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 09:44:04 PM »

Www.afda.com/scores has all of the scores and final placings I think.

Might have been the best run tourney, but those of us sitting at home will never know because there was no coverage! What use is an official amuc09 Twitter if it doesn't get used?!
woodie13

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 01:22:46 AM »

Hi Henry - What sort of coverage are you looking for?? Summaries or point by point descriptions??
Henry

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2009, 01:38:39 AM »

Point by point would be amazing but hardly practical. All I wanted was a post of the scores after each time slot had finished saying the scores. For the semis and finals there was absolutely nothing, the final scores and maybe a half time score or randomr score update at some point would have been greatly appreciated!
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2009, 02:08:28 AM »

Keeping up on the afda.com/scores was good, but it would have been nice to have some more updates during the final.

The #amuc09 feed seemed to be more personal this-is-how-my-day-was updates, while for the #augulti feed we deliberately went for a more informative coverage. Nothing wrong with the Mixed Nats kids - it was good to hear what was going on. But it's good to see more people getting on board with Twitter at tournaments.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2009, 02:30:39 AM »

#augulti was also good for some heckling and support of players and people around Smiley
I tried to use it a little to give a little perspective from a TD's view.
JK

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2009, 04:01:50 AM »

Might have been the best run tourney, but those of us sitting at home will never know because there was no coverage! What use is an official amuc09 Twitter if it doesn't get used?!
Sorry Henry, we were hoping to have a few more updates throughout the tournament, and it sort of worked during the first day, but fell in the heap a bit as the 2nd and 3rd day as the craziness to trying to keep the draw up-to-date came into play. We were also hoping there would be a few more people at the tournament putting in their own perspective to help fill in the gaps (and thanks to those that did). I guess it is some that coming TDs can take on board... get a dedicated twitter person, as the scores/spirit/mvp person won't have the time.

It looks like most people on ultitalk have figured out the placings/winners/mvps, but we will send something out aus-ultimate/trashtalk in the next day or so to wrap things up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese