UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. October 19, 2019, 10:36:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
What's New? Interested in seeing a list of all the topics you have yet to read? Click the Show unread posts links at the top of the forum.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: I need an offensive strategy...  (Read 5845 times)
DevilDawg91

United States United States

Devil Disc

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »

The team we play against the most has a tough defense, and I need some help.

They play something almost like a cover two, with two deep guys playing a zone. Their deep guys can scoot and can really hop, taking away our biggest weapon, the deep threat.

What would be the best offense to adapt to in order to beat their defense?

Thanks.

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."   

-Lance Armstrong
The Brucemaster

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:22:36 AM »

DevilDawg,

How do they structure the rest of their defence? If they have two deeps then it's more than likely there's going to be a numbers mismatch somewhere in the field. For instance, if they're playing a 2-2-3 (from the back) then you could try playing with two handlers and exploiting the numbers you have in the middle of the field with a short-pass running game, that way you negate the advantage that your opposition has with two deeps. Your tactics will vary, though, based on the full structure of their defence so if you can tell us that then we can help you out a bit more.
DevilDawg91

Devil Disc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 08:44:02 AM »

Thanks.

I think it was a 2-2-3 like you said, with the force to the right, forcing us to throw forehands. That caused a lot of turnovers too.

Sorry about the lack of information.

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."   

-Lance Armstrong
rrudnic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 10:17:50 AM »

If they have 2 deeps then you should have someone unguarded somewhere unless your leaving two guys back there with the deeps. If you leaving two guys back with the deeps then stop that. Have the extra guy come forward and take advantage of them underneath until the deeps have to come forward and actually guard someone. Like bruce said you should have numbers underneath exploit it.
The Brucemaster

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:15:45 PM »

DD,

You've mentioned that you're forehands as a team are a problem so part of your training needs to include forehand practice so that a forehand force becomes less of a problem. Obviously your opposition has recognised that your throwers aren't as strong on the forehand side hence their use of a forehand force. Also, overhead throws (hammers, scoobers) are a great way of beating the cup and if a couple of your handlers have decent overhead throws it can be very useful against these kinds of defences. Once you've pulled off a decent overhead throw the cup has to bust a gut to catch up and if you can keep the disc moving forwards (without rushing) then you can easily exploit the numbers mismatch to score.
DevilDawg91

Devil Disc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 11:00:16 PM »

Thanks Bruce. I've got my hammer working pretty good, but I'm still workin on the scoober.

-Lance Armstrong
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese