UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. September 15, 2019, 12:09:39 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Subscribe to our RSS feeds. Click the next to the board of your choice.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "The Road To Gold Goast" - 2007 University ultimate  (Read 231241 times)
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 12:39:55 AM »

Sad thing is, Wood and I will probably do the same thing. Sara as well. However if you play for Monash I'm never talking to you again.

You got me thinking...who has the most AUC/AUG appearances? Surely it would be Matt Dowle - he's been in every Green & Gold team since 1877.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 07:46:55 AM »

Yeah it would probably be Matt I guess
mike

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 03:51:56 AM »

just come to monash already

layout and live
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 09:15:27 PM »

gotta love the MUFF!!! shame there isnt much else to love about them other than the name.

QUTies manager
Jangles
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 11:13:44 PM »

Enough about who is bringing the best team. who has done some recruiting and come up with the Hottest team.

I mean who cares if you get the Wooden spoon just as long as you look good while going down!!!!!!!

Jangles
2006 QUT Captain
Proud Wooden Spooners
thebozzman

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 06:31:01 AM »

Bathurst has suffered a set back...

I've decided to grow my hair long, hence Bathurst wont be the hottest team anymore :-P

Actually... I'm kidding... We will look twice as good with my long hair Smiley

I'm all seriousness, all the guys and gals in Bathurst are pumping up for AUG's in Sept and looking forward to some great drinking sessions with the rest of Australia's Ultimate Students!!

I think we are going to rival you for that Wooden Spoon jangles... Come September, it's coming home with The Falcons!!

-bozza
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 04:48:03 AM »

Ah Bozza, your posts make me look forward to the Stampede even more. There's nothing to do in Ballarat except drink, so we're seasoned veterans. And we do have some star individual performers - Mark, who has brought down Pottsy more than once, and Emma, who defeated Adelaide at AUG last year. Not the uni...the whole city.

BUUF always looks hot, Jangles. Although last year I nearly got a neck injury playing against UWA.

Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 05:52:52 AM »

BUF has some hawt players, particularly Timmerz.

But no team I have ever seen has come close to UWA circa Perth AUG 2004.

I think that there is a photo floating around somewhere, I'll try to find it.
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 05:44:38 PM »

This the mob you mean, Frank?
http://www.afda.com/photos/picofmonth/45.jpg

The level of a man's attraction to Timmerz does not affect his sexual orientation in any way.

Eels

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 09:50:46 AM »

Gday im Eels and im from UWA - looks like im the first "westie" to write something down.

Had regionals few weeks back, Murdoch won but had a buttload of American/Canadian imports who arent playing AUG so they will wont be much cop again by the looks.

Having said that, we've lost a few as well so we desperately training rookies as we speak. But WA are never contenders anyways so who gives a toss? "Win the party, then win the game"

But I promise that we will definately be up there on the 'hot' ratings again. 2004 was a golden year but we will be trying to raise the bar in '07.

If you want a pic of the 2004 AUG team check out the galleries on the wa ulti page: http://www.waultimate.com - good times.

See ya all at Nats.

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 02:37:29 AM »

Hmm some nice pics there i would show you our pics from adelaide but you really dont need to be scared for life. Seems like UWA have set the challenge and if they dont i will i say we crown the hottest team at the AUG party as voted by the captains. ill even organise a nice little trophy being one of the local boys.

So to all team managers who read this stuff the medals get yourself some hotties and score a trophy.

Cheers
Jangles

the one who played in leopard print tights last year.
FarmerJohn

United States United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 09:03:07 AM »

Cheers
Jangles

the one who played in leopard print tights last year.

Probably the most disturbing sight of my life.  Shocked

My assorted ultimate thoughts - farmerulti.blogspot.com
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 03:59:13 AM »

OK Nationals is over so let the Uni Games smack talk begin! Let me start:

"In AUGs 2007, UQ will be the team to beat!"

Brett was overly polite earlier when he said we should be at least considered, in my honest opinion I find it hard to believe that UQ won't be going into AUG's as extremely strong contenders if not favourites. I mean last year we were undefeated until the final which we only lost by two. Not to mention our smacking of Newcastle 15 - 1 in the semi-final. LOL I would have thought that track record alone would deserve a mention of being a favourite.

Now whilst I can't really speak for the women's line (I haven't really been involved in much women's or mixed ultimate of late as a result of Nats) but I can confidently say that our male lineup will definitely be a step up from last year's consider we will have Johnny Mac back and Piers might actually decide to play. Those two guys alone will make a HUGE difference.

The biggest loss to the line from last year is obviously Fumo, plus our other two solid import handlers (Farmsy and DJ), but I'm confident we will get a good influx of imports like we always do to add more spice to both the Male and Female lines in replacement. Plus in addition to all this we have quite a few athletic rookies (or what were rookies) that have been on the UQ ultimate scene for 18 month+ so we will definitely have good Aussie depth as well.

I mean I don't know what the deal is with all this talk about uni's sending B teams, but if someone could fill me on what the deal is there that would be appreciated, because it has been something that UQ is really considering this year especially with the tournament on the Gold Coast. I honestly think we could reasonably expect to have B team that, unlike Flinders B, would actually be competitive and could aspire to being a top 8 team - big call I know, but UQ really does have that sort of potential at the moment.

I think the biggest thing working in our favour is the fact that it is on the Gold Coast. I mean every year there is always one or two good players that seem to put money, time or work down as a reason why they can't do AUGs. So with it being so close to home for us that is definitely going to work in our favour.

QUT is looking to post its strongest team this year. Hopefully captained by Big Mike (depends on his prac but he'll be there) in what will probably be his last uni games. And yes we will have more than 8 people this year so there is no where to go but up unless there is more than 17 teams.
I honestly think that if QUT pulled their finger out and got their top team together they would definitely have a top 8 team. I mean you guys pulled 9th at AUGs in Brisbane in 2005 when it was essentially a QUT rookiefest plus Mike and a couple of strong girls. So I imagine now two years down the track, still with Mike and strongish girls but a lot more capable guys you really could mix it with some of the best teams.

It's looking like it'll be a blanket field again this year. Last year the top 6 or so were pretty clear, with the field right down to 14th being relatively even.

Melbourne has lost Frank (I think) and Alica Daly, and their 06 "super pickups" KP and Wheely aren't guaranteed to make the trip again.

My prediction is Mac for gold, massive clusterf**k for 2nd-19th and Monash to finish 20th unless Moroney doesn't come, in which case they'll finish top ten.
LOL - Well I definitely agree that there was quite a dropoff last year from the top couple of team to the rest. Personally I thought three stood out from mind, being Mac, UQ and Melbs - with an honorable mention to Newcastle, though their 15 - 1 slapping in the semi final didn't do them any favours. From there I thought most teams really fell away in regards to depth.

So by the sounds of it with Melbs and Newsacstle losing a couple of good players it sounds like short of some good imports, the competition might be lead by Mac and UQ in 2007.

At the moment I'm not an enrolled student but that will most likely change very soon. Either at Melbourne or another Uni that I will not name until I have further information. I'm hoping to eventually set the sad record for most consecutive AUG appearances.
Well Frankie the weather is nice up here in QLD and I'm sure UQ could cater for your academic needs...  Roll Eyes. Oh and about the most consecutive Uni Games appearences - I'm gonna give that title a good run as well. At the rate of my current uni work load I'm thinking I'll be playing AUGs til at least 2009, probably 2010.

Tongue

I'm all seriousness, all the guys and gals in Bathurst are pumping up for AUG's in Sept and looking forward to some great drinking sessions with the rest of Australia's Ultimate Students!!
You guys will definitely have to jump on board the UQ and Ballarat party train!

Once again I can only speak for UQ, but we will be taking it to whole new level this year! With a coach like Pottsy (assuming he takes the job again) you have about four fifths of stuff all chance of having a sober tournament. Yeah UQ!

Grin

Jangles: the one who played in leopard print tights last year.
Probably the most disturbing sight of my life. 
Not nearly as disturbing as Liam "Wetnose" Gillian's (QUT) green Mankini worn at the Nats party. Yeah QLD!

I would have thought BUUF would have been lookign really good this year? You guys have a lot of boys playing in teams like HoS and what not? So how come Monash is smacking you around? Have they lifted their game this year?

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2007, 05:00:38 AM »

Yeah, it wasn't anywhere near our strongest team that day. It was basically Dan, Wood and Amanda, couple of other regulars, plus a few rookies. We've got 6 players coming off Nationals, plus an extra 4 or 5 that played Worlds, so for once we might be able to avoid blaming "lack of experience". We'll have to come up with more creative excuses than that when we lose games we should have won.

matt.h

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2007, 05:09:58 AM »

I would have thought BUUF would have been lookign really good this year? You guys have a lot of boys playing in teams like HoS and what not? So how come Monash is smacking you around? Have they lifted their game this year?

Monash have picked up 3 of the HoS boys aswell Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese