UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. July 06, 2020, 04:10:45 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
RSD syndicated. North American UT posts are syndicated on the newsgroup Rec.Sport.Disc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "The Road To Gold Goast" - 2007 University ultimate  (Read 266018 times)
disc_faerie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »

Ash: still can't believe you ditched Queensland for UTas, babe. What were you thinking?

ya. still think my decision was sound. dude, there's snow here on the mountain and they played league finals in THE SLEET last night. i wouldn't have known about this ridiculouly addictive sport otherwise. had to move to tassie to get my friza exposure *kaBLAM*

take it like you love it john-boy. YEAH UTAS!

"It's probably not a good idea to be chewing on a toothpick if you're talking to the president, because what if he says something stupid and you laugh so hard you spit the toothpick out and it hits him in the face or something."
disc_faerie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2007, 08:06:32 AM »

umm, i'm not actually sure whether that last post made any sense.

blaming stupid pathology study...

"It's probably not a good idea to be chewing on a toothpick if you're talking to the president, because what if he says something stupid and you laugh so hard you spit the toothpick out and it hits him in the face or something."
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2007, 10:29:04 AM »

umm, i'm not actually sure whether that last post made any sense.

blaming stupid pathology study...

pathology study aint mind numbing, working in pathology is...

and tassie aint too bad, not somewhere i could live permenantly but i could stay for a year or so.

Reflection is noblest. Imitation is easiest. Experience is bitterest.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2007, 08:28:18 PM »

I take it is my turn to smack on UQ

btw: i know the UQ v QUT rivalvry very well.
sandstone, trees and the great court beats shitty besser-block buildings any day of the week 
Ill take the uni that doesnt completely screw their team, trying to squeeze every last cent out their one and only medalling team.

as for the rivalry this year UQ is one up wining 13-12 in the first week of intermediate league granted both teams only contained about 3 uni games players but i suppose we'll count it.

I do see a potential weakness in UQ with the girls but they are working on it. Brett will probably bring a couple of women back from the states just for uni games.

ya. still think my decision was sound. dude, there's snow here on the mountain and they played league finals in THE SLEET last night.
sounds like a poor decision to me i hate the cold.

LTCC cancelled. Nice goin Wink
Actually, hold the phone.

AUS, plus unions, have B-Town, Monash and Deakin bent over, greased up and they're aiming for penetration Sad At this stage it looks like we're either gonna have to go and play in Moe (double Sad) or lose our $110 entry fee (triple Sad)
That kinda sucks. I was suppose to run the GCC but we had got together early and decided to pass on it. Bring back regionals!!!!!
ulty_arnie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2007, 09:11:39 PM »

I have to say Jangles is right, UQ is charging us $500 to go to the Gold Coast for Uni Games!  A bunch of people have places to stay at the gold coast, let alone can drive down every day, but are not allowed to stay outside team accomodation if they want to play, and convienantly the Uni is charging us more than Worlds for that and playing!  But that is out of our hands, so not something we can really deal with at the moment.

As for the one match up, you can count that but I am not going to. 

As for the girls, we have a lot of girls you don't know about, let alone some that have played for you in previous seasons *cough cough MJ cough cough* who will be good.  I am confident by Uni Games, our women will be strong and a solid part of the team contributing greatly in every game. 

On the side note, how come you didn't get Gaia or Patagonia Jersies for Uni Games?  I saw your strip on Monday and it is modest and alright, but I thought you would bring your A game on shirt design, a little disappointed I have to admit.  though, they were probably cheap which is nice, but yeah.  But the crux of the matter was, why did you pick white?  LOL, haven't you heard the curse of the white jersey?  (Let alone you have to soak them after every game because of hte grass stains!)

Well, I am glad to see QUT developing their team in YUFL and hope you and beth can make your team a unit and hopefully see us both on the podiam at the end of the week come September. 

Exams on SDEs shortly so going to PEACE OUT, farewell.

-Matzuka 

Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »

On the side note, how come you didn't get Gaia or Patagonia Jersies for Uni Games?  I saw your strip on Monday and it is modest and alright, but I thought you would bring your A game on shirt design, a little disappointed I have to admit.  though, they were probably cheap which is nice, but yeah.  But the crux of the matter was, why did you pick white?  LOL, haven't you heard the curse of the white jersey?  (Let alone you have to soak them after every game because of hte grass stains!)

Uni colour plus we still get the old touch jerseys as alternates so we dont have to wash them everyday if we dont want too. as for cost they cost the club $35 each which included embroidary of the logos and screen printing that is why i didnt go gaia.

Is it true you guys are looking at paying 70 each for your 2 jerseys?? and you are complaining about your uni ripping you off.
Jangles

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2007, 12:20:30 AM »

Well, I am glad to see QUT developing their team in YUFL and hope you and beth can make your team a unit and hopefully see us both on the podiam at the end of the week come September.

Well we won a hard fought game against Mellow but it will be just me doing the developement next semester beth has uni monday nights. Strange playing games with no wetnose we had 2 calls the entire game. both uncontested in a matter of seconds.
Chris

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2007, 01:45:56 PM »

Help spread the word about the AUDL - "like" it @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/AUDL/

UQ Lovers & Firestorm
Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2007, 11:30:08 PM »

Chris you still astound me at the length at which your messages can be. Do you put this much effort in to your studies. Or should you change course to Frisbee, with a mahor in smack talk.

simmo

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2007, 11:32:37 PM »

The AFDA board are totally thinking about just putting UQ Lovers into WUGC
No we're not.

Time to waste? Visit the Ballarat Ultimate blog!
Frank

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2007, 12:43:05 AM »

OMG a girl.

A girl in the forums.

/runs and hides in the corner...
timill

Australia Australia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2007, 02:58:58 AM »

haha.

Frank, you'll be taking over dave lockhart's place on the team soon.

Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2007, 03:01:09 AM »

ash, see the havock you have caused...
OMG a girl.

A girl in the forums.

/runs and hides in the corner...

Great to have you amongst us, will make for some interesting times...

disc_faerie

Australia Australia

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2007, 07:55:20 AM »

dude, i'd like to see the size of the corner in which frankie feels he'll be able to hide himself in...

Drag

Australia Australia

oh o

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2007, 09:10:16 AM »

dude, i'd like to see the size of the corner in which frankie feels he'll be able to hide himself in...
Great to see that the smack talk wont subside with the addition of girls. lol

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese