UltiTalk.Com
Welcome to the ULTIMATE Ultimate Frisbee forum. September 20, 2019, 10:34:53 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate forum for talking about Ultimate Frisbee. Aimed at bringing new life to the world of Ultimate Frisbee discussions, UltiTalk.Com (UT) combines both regional and international topics in one friendly place. So say hello to UT: The International Ultimate Frisbee forum.

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to reveal the members-only Shout Box, Chatroom, and more!
Tell us more about yourself. Modify your profile by clicking on the Profile link.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Links Gallery Login Register  
Visit UltiTalk.Com on TwitterVisit UltiTalk.Com on Facebook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach  (Read 4200 times)
alexb

United States United States

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:42:25 AM »

Most of my team is going into senior year and i think we have a great shot at winning our local tournaments, but last year we relied on athleticism to propel us to fourth and third finishes. I want this year to be different, I want to introduce offensive set-ups. I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this situation and could tell me how they got their team to understand the spread, vertical, and/or horizontal offense. Could you maybe pick one and then give what you would do to teach each of these. Also with the vertical i have problems with everyone advancing the line up the field. Seems like once the disk gets infront of the handlers everything goes to hell.
abstract

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »

Where do you coach?  If you don't feel like you understand any particular offense at a core level I'd recommend looking at the local (or semi-local) club team and their offense.  First, you can hopefully open up a dialog and get them to provide more in-depth discussion on an offense then you can get here (since they can draw stuff for you).  Second, you can try to get your team to go watch that club team play at a local tournament.  There you can see the offense at work and hopefully your team can start to understand it.  Lastly, get/make tape of an offense you want to emulate and watch it with your team.  Good luck.  Let us know how it goes.
Apriori

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 07:46:52 PM »

Where do you coach?  If you don't feel like you understand any particular offense at a core level I'd recommend looking at the local (or semi-local) club team and their offense.  First, you can hopefully open up a dialog and get them to provide more in-depth discussion on an offense then you can get here (since they can draw stuff for you).  Second, you can try to get your team to go watch that club team play at a local tournament.  There you can see the offense at work and hopefully your team can start to understand it.  Lastly, get/make tape of an offense you want to emulate and watch it with your team.  Good luck.  Let us know how it goes.

Yep. Your best option is probably finding somebody to come and teach it for you, or to observe somebody running an offense firsthand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Google Bookmarks Ma.gnolia MSN Live Squidoo Yahoo My Web     Bookmark  |  Print  

Facebook Comments

Jump to:  

Advertise on UT!

Register your FREE UltiTalk.Com account to remove these ads!
Change language to English Change language to Brazilian Change language to Chinese-Simplified Change language to Danish Change language to Dutch Change language to English Change language to Finnish Change language to French Change language to German Change language to Greek Change language to Hebrew Change language to Hungarian Change language to Indonesian Change language to Italian Change language to Japanese Change language to Norwegian Change language to Polish Change language to Portuguese Change language to Romanian Change language to Russian Change language to Spanish Change language to Swedish Change language to Thai Change language to Turkish Change language to Ukranian Change language to Vietnamese